Daslight 5: Sync Touch Faders with Scene Changes

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

elzocker07
Operating System: Windows

Daslight 5: Sync Touch Faders with Scene Changes

Post by elzocker07 »

Hello everyone, I have a somewhat specific issue with Daslight 5:
I use Daslight 5 to control my dimmer packs, among other things, and for that purpose, I simply use one _Generic/Par 64 on each of the first 24 channels. This works fine so far, but now I want to add 24 faders to the touch interface, to control the individual lamps connected to the dimmer packs separately. However, I also want to be able to use the lamps in scenes. But I can't seem to achieve this.
For example: I start a scene where my dimmer packs are also controlled, but I might notice that one lamp is too bright. So I want to manually dim it down with the fader on the touch interface. However, when I turn off the scene, the fader should return to 0%. But it doesn't. It remains at the manually entered value, and no scene can change this fader unless the priority is set to highest.
So, I want to reflect my first 24 channels with faders on the touch interface, which always show the current position of the fader. For example, when a scene is activated, but also be able to manually adjust it. And when the scene is turned off or another scene is activated, it should adjust accordingly as programmed in the scene.
Is this somehow possible?
Thank you for your help!
S.lellwitz

Re: Daslight 5: Sync Touch Faders with Scene Changes

Post by S.lellwitz »

Options - Project - LIVE EDIT = Reset live edit when new scene is triggered
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

Unfortunately, there is currently no way for a fader to follow the current value from a scene.

With the option described above you can create a dimmer fader for each channel.
Change it if necessary and as soon as a new scene is triggered, the fader is reset and the value from the scene is adopted for the device
elzocker07

Post by elzocker07 »

Thanks, that has solved half of the problem.
Now is there a way for the faders to update automatically? Currently, when a scene sets a channel to 100% the output is fine, but the fader in the touch interface remains at 0%. I can adjust it to, for example, 50%. However, when I deactivate the scene, the output is set to 0%, but the fader still remains at 50%.
Is there any way for the faders to update when scenes are activated and display the current value of the channel?
elzocker07

Post by elzocker07 »

S.lellwitz wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:03 pm Unfortunately, there is currently no way for a fader to follow the current value from a scene.
Okay, thank you. With that option I can adjust the channel output and that is what I needed. The display in the touch-interface is a bit weird, but I can work with that.
Thank you all!