Using Steps

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

john.plank
Operating System: Windows

Using Steps

Post by john.plank »

I have been using older software I have used steps before with my scenes. When I would drag one into the timeline I could grab and stretch it out, and if was not set to loop then the scene would stay on the last step for as long as I had it stretched out. With Das Light 5 when a scene that has steps in it I drag it out it makes the scene loop even if loop isn't turned on. Am I missing something in editing the steps or it's properties that is causing this? Any help you could give would be fantastic.

Thanks
DJMan32

Re: Using Steps

Post by DJMan32 »

Nope, its supposed to loop, might have been a really early version or just a bug in that version. You can set the super scene to loop once and turn off release at the end to get that effect.
ellsworth84

Post by ellsworth84 »

john.plank wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:33 pm I have been using older software I have used steps before with my scenes. When I would drag one into the timeline I could grab and stretch it out, and if was not set to loop then the scene would stay on the last step for as long as I had it stretched out. With Das Light 5 when a scene that has steps in it I drag it out it makes the scene loop even if loop isn't turned on. Am I missing something in editing the steps or it's properties that is causing this? Any help you could give would be fantastic.
geometry dash lite
Thanks
First, ensure the "Always Loop" option is unchecked for your scene. This is the most common way to prevent automatic looping. You can find this option in the scene properties while editing the scene.
willm

Post by willm »

Hello,

We have in fact added a new function to the Super Scenes in version 5.0.4.1 whereby you can disable the 'loop' setting within a Super Scene. This means that when looping is disabled, dragging the top right corner of a scene block will simply hold the last value sent for as long as you stretch the block to- which I believe is directly relevant to your original post! :)

In order to turn off looping- you can select the scene block, then disable the 'loop' toggle in the 'Block properties' tab.
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.45.35.png
Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 09.45.35.png (28.53 KiB) Viewed 81 times
Kind regards,
Will