TOUCH Pages Not Working

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJ Lulu
Operating System: Windows

TOUCH Pages Not Working

Post by DJ Lulu »

1. On TOUCH section I've created INDIVIDUAL PAGES for every group of fixtures [moving heads, wash, laser etc] using the Add control to Touch View command. All good here.

2. Than I've created COMBINED PAGES for every combination of fixtures I use on different events [moving heads + par] [wash + laser] [wash + moving heads]. This time I used the Copy & Paste commands from one individual page into the combined ones [I didn't use the same method ''Add control to Touch View command'' because it takes a lot of time and effort to arrange them in page].

3. So, on the INDIVIDUAL PAGES [point 1], everything works fine. On the COMBINED PAGES, the lights are not working, and pressing a command for a color or move don't stops another one [if I touch 10 commands there are 10 buttons ON at the same time, and still no working lights].

I'm tired of looking for a solution so I'm asking for your help. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-24 175129.png
Screenshot 2024-02-24 175129.png (39.21 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
S.lellwitz

Re: TOUCH Pages Not Working

Post by S.lellwitz »

As already described in another post, there seem to be problems patching scenes twice on the touch pages.
DJ Lulu

Post by DJ Lulu »

The problem occurs only when I copy commands/buttons from one page to another [in Touch section]. If I use ''Add control to Touch View command'' from Control section it's working fine. But this takes a lot of effort, you have to move every button into the right position and personalize each one again. And again... And again...
Raphael_Nicolaudie

Post by Raphael_Nicolaudie »

Hello, thank you for reporting this issue. The problem has been found and will be fixed in the next release of Daslight 5.
Regards
Raphael
Daslight Support
jkanzel
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by jkanzel »

I've found that copy and pasting controls in the touch view breaks the link somehow, so you have to add them from the control page.
DJ Lulu

Post by DJ Lulu »

Thank you for your answer. If I may, I would like to make another suggestion - when adding buttons to Touch section, it would be great if the new button will be added in the square that's already marked with the mouse on a certain point of the Touch edit grid [same as copying from one Page to another] instead of left-bottom part of the page. If my explanation is not clear enough, I can provide more information.
S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

@DJ Lulu
that would be great.

The way I handle it at the moment is that I put label fields without text on the touch page so that only the fields where my buttons will later be located remain free.

as a kind of barrier, he always inserts it at the top left as far as possible.