Change color in live mode via Midi Controller

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rickyr0
Operating System: Windows

Change color in live mode via Midi Controller

Post by rickyr0 »

Hey,

is it somehow possible to change the color of a ColorFX with an Midi-Controller while in live mode and playing the scene?

I know I can create a new scene with a static color but I can't merge the static scene with the ColorFX so that the FX is playing and with the seperate scene I choose wich color I want.

Any ideas here? Thanks for help!
Ricky
rickyr0

Re: Change color in live mode via Midi Controller

Post by rickyr0 »

artyfunk wrote:i think only via the Mixer RGB. But not the Color Window.

I know that I can override the colors. But it won’t affect the FX. For example I do the Knight Rider Effect, if I change the color afterwards it changes the black of the fx and not the actual color. So basically I choose a color and the effect is written on top.
passoutster

Post by passoutster »

rickyr0 wrote:Hey,

is it somehow possible to change the color of a ColorFX with an Midi-Controller while in live mode and playing the scene?

I know I can create a new scene with a static color but I can't merge the static scene with the ColorFX so that the FX is playing and with the seperate scene I choose wich color I want.

Ricky

Hello, you can do this in the latest version (within some limits), by mapping the Color Pallete system within ColorFX and Color Mapping FX *1.
a1a2.png
a1a2.png (24.28 KiB) Viewed 23907 times

If you map to a fader, each Color Pallette will correspond to a fader %value(small range of values) from 0-100%. Mapping to a Touch Screen Fader, you can find the exact % Value for a pallette you like *2, be it a default or user created pallette, then use that value to create a button value mapping *3.
a3.png
a3.png (27.96 KiB) Viewed 23907 times

I had to delete the Touch Fader mapping before creating the button maps, it did not like being dual mapped. You can create up to 10 midi mappings and 10 touch mappings on the Color Pallette. I have implemented this by creating a bank of Color Fx, then a set of buttons (Target=Bank, Mode=Value Value=%value of the desired pallette) *4.
a4.png
a4.png (23.62 KiB) Viewed 23907 times

I press the button to choose the pallette I want, then I chose the FX type I want, and it will play in the chosen pallette.
rickyr0

Post by rickyr0 »

That sounds great! I will try that out as soon as possible!!
rickyr0

Post by rickyr0 »

passoutster wrote:
rickyr0 wrote:Hey,

Ricky

Hello, you can do this in the latest version (within some limits), by mapping the Color Pallete system within ColorFX and Color Mapping FX *1.
a1a2.png

If you map to a fader, each Color Pallette will correspond to a fader %value(small range of values) from 0-100%. Mapping to a Touch Screen Fader, you can find the exact % Value for a pallette you like *2, be it a default or user created pallette, then use that value to create a button value mapping *3.
a3.png

I had to delete the Touch Fader mapping before creating the button maps, it did not like being dual mapped. You can create up to 10 midi mappings and 10 touch mappings on the Color Pallette. I have implemented this by creating a bank of Color Fx, then a set of buttons (Target=Bank, Mode=Value Value=%value of the desired pallette) *4.
a4.png

I press the button to choose the pallette I want, then I chose the FX type I want, and it will play in the chosen pallette.

How did you manage to map the touch fader to the ColorFX? Everytime I select the ColorFX and switch to the Touch Tab the selection gets deleted.
passoutster

Post by passoutster »

rickyr0 wrote:How did you manage to map the touch fader to the ColorFX? Everytime I select the ColorFX and switch to the Touch Tab the selection gets deleted.

Yeah this happened to me too, think it is a new bug that cropped up. Detach the Touch View,
Detach.png
Detach.png (5.51 KiB) Viewed 23769 times
and position both views so you can access the Touch View w/o leaving the Control View of the main program.
position.png
position.png (62.05 KiB) Viewed 23769 times

It seems like the program forgets that you are trying map whenever you leave the Control View.
rickyr0

Post by rickyr0 »

How did you manage to map multiple buttons for the color selection? Everytime when wanna map a 2nd button, the 1st gets deleted :/
passoutster

Post by passoutster »

rickyr0 wrote:How did you manage to map multiple buttons for the color selection? Everytime when wanna map a 2nd button, the 1st gets deleted :/

Hey!
Once you get your first binding on the palette thingy, right click it and select duplicate *1.
This will create a new "binding zone" (white little box, i have no idea what to call them). Select that new "binding zone" so its got the dashed line border around it *2, then click the button you want to bind that "binding zone" to. You can keep duplicating the "binding zones" up to 10, then you get really tiny little white boxes *3! Just remember to rebind them as the duplication will keep them bound to your first button until you change it.
pallette bindings map.png
pallette bindings map.png (32.05 KiB) Viewed 23684 times
passoutster

Post by passoutster »

Here's a video of the full process, sorry I am bad at explaining, hopefully the video will help with setup!

https://youtu.be/Pdn6LllkKdc
rickyr0

Post by rickyr0 »

Thank you. this works quite well!
agreementgateau

Post by agreementgateau »

passoutster wrote:Here's a video of the full process, sorry I am bad at explaining, hopefully the video will help with setup!

https://youtu.be/Pdn6LllkKdc retro bowl

Thanks for sharing, this is really what I needed
passoutster

Post by passoutster »

rickyr0 wrote:Thank you. this works quite well!

agreementgateau wrote:Thanks for sharing, this is really what I needed

Happy it helped!