Corrupted project file HELP PLEASE ALARM

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

marrchenko
Operating System: Windows

Corrupted project file HELP PLEASE ALARM

Post by marrchenko »

Hello, I have a problem with the composition file, the file was corrupted when saving, but I managed to restore it. The file still doesn't open, there are some strange characters in its code, is it possible to return this file to working condition?

Project files
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
juls

Re: Corrupted project file HELP PLEASE ALARM

Post by juls »

Hello
I checked your file, 3 of them are not Daslight file and the other one, only the patch can be recovered.
What happened ?

corrected saved project 06.11.23.zip
(14.62 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
marrchenko

Post by marrchenko »

At the last save, an error most likely occurred and the file was damaged. Yesterday I tried to open it and found it impossible to do so. After that, using a third-party program, I tried to restore previous versions of files to get information from them, but as you said, they don't even look like the Daslight project. Most likely, this is due to the fact that each time a new project file was not saved, but the old one was overwritten.

Maybe you have some information where you can get a backup file or something like that. Thank you for helping to restore at least part of it, now I have opened your file and there is a patch of devices and their arrangement, but unfortunately there is not a single scene. There were some super scenes that I've been creating for a few weeks. It's a shame to lose them because of a program error.
juls

Post by juls »

What kind of error did you have ?

During the save process, all data are saved in a temp file *.dvctemp and only if the save is successfull, the temp file replace the current file.
So even if there is an error during the save, the previous file should be Ok

Check if there is this temp file on your computer
marrchenko

Post by marrchenko »

I couldn't find anything similar to such a file.

There was no error during the save, everything went as usual. The next day, when I turned on the equipment, I found that the project did not load, I gave an error that the file was damaged or you did not have access to it. After several attempts to open it, Daslight stopped running altogether, gave the error "Error global.ini file". I installed the program again on another disk and it started, but the project file still did not open.