two into one

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dmx512

two into one

Post by dmx512 »

I am trying to add two or more par cans to work on the same dmx address to simulate them patched into the same dimmer channel and am having no success.....any ideas?...............Dave
Bradley03

Post by Bradley03 »

Hi Dave what you need to do to get this sort of thing to work is to patch via daslight not visualiser one par to each of the dimmer channels you will be using, then using construction mode in the visualiser click on each of the pars properties and duplicate them. This will then cause two or more pars to activate on the same channel.

Hope this helps
Brad
dmx512

Post by dmx512 »

Thanks for that info.......think your going to need to simplify the procedure a bit tho ....sorry to be so thick :oops: Dave
Bradley03

Post by Bradley03 »

Ok Dave the simplified version is as follows, patch all the lights to your required channels and then just use the visualiser patch to duplicate each of your lights.

Hope this is of more help
Brad
dmx512

Post by dmx512 »

Hi Brad
Sorry still no joy......when I try to add a parcan to the same address a window pops up and says "address already used".......any chance you can give me a blow by blow button pressing guide?.........thanks........Dave
Andre

Post by Andre »

You can only add 1 fixture per address within the setup part of DVC2, you need to be in the Virtual 3D Simulator to add extra fixtures to the same address. Go into construction mode and then using the fixtures tab find the fixture you want to duplicate, right click and select duplicate.
Andre
Bradley03

Post by Bradley03 »

Thankyou Andre that is what i was trying to tell Dave to do and i could not have put it more simpler than you have.

Brad
dmx512

Post by dmx512 »

OK guys thanks for your help so far........got the construction mode on selected the par cans on my rig and then right clicked.....and got the little box that has "duplicate" in it clicked on duplicate and then nothing!...I think you should get another box asking where to position the copied cans but that does not appear.....but does when I try to copy bits of set and staging etc.......Dave
Andre

Post by Andre »

Yep you should get a "Duplicate" window for positioning.

I would un-install, download and install the latest version (new version as of today 30th April 2008). See if that fixes it.
Andre