There are two presets with the same name

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

discoian

There are two presets with the same name

Post by discoian »

I'm trying to edit the SSL file for my Martin Wizzard Extreme. It's taken me a few hours (i'm a slow typer)

It won't save it however as it tells me there are two presets with the same name.

Which presets is it talking about? I thought you could have presets with the same name as long as they were on different channels yes? or no?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

yes I have also found the scanlibrary editor very frustrating. as there is little help when you have got it wrong. There is a report generated when it gets confused, and a list of errors appear in abbreviated form.

First you have to identify which chanel has the same presets on it. this will appear in the error log.

Then the best thing I find is to make a note of all your entrys for that channel and then delete them one at a time try saving again and see if it is this one which is causing the corruption.

I have also discovered sometimes when you have, say two white colours and the editor prompts you to name the colour for you, here is where there is a problem because you will now have two with the same name.

You need to manually rename the second white to be different from the first. ie add a number 1

the same thing happens with gobos.

just another note the editor can save the show without the corrections and it will work , but always best to use save as and change the name slightly, as you may need to go back to the original at some point.

I hope this helps , good luck.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Post by Andre »

It is exactly as Richard has said.

You have a channel with two preset "names" the same. You just need to go through each channel and look at the names and see if you have two the same, if you do then you just need to edit the name. So as richard said if you have two "White" change one to "White2".

In reality it should make no difference what it is called as the names are only displayed not actually used in any kind of scripting.
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, If you're still having trouble, send me your profile so far along with a pdf with the manual and I'll finish it off as accurately as the library will allow. [email protected]