Another Crash post

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Dastrix
Operating System: Windows

Another Crash post

Post by Dastrix »

Hi,

I'm concerned that I have made a bad investment here, there are hundreds of threads about random crashing/closing very few with resolutions. Again, editing fixtures the program just closes. It's random, no pattern. Using Windows 10 and latest Dashlight. Windows log and show file below

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e554b7 ... 030/1d4ae9

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Daslight4\Daslight4\Daslight4.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Daslight4\common\Resources\Resources.MANIFEST" on line 3. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is Resources,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Definition is Resources,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
TomHat

Re: Another Crash post

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I sent you a PM about this.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
StylesQ

Re: Another Crash post

Post by StylesQ »

Hi, can you share the solution to the above crash error?

I believe it has something to do with the Visual C++ redistributable packages. Recently, after a Windows 10 overnight update, I tried to open Coreldraw and got an error.. googled it and I had to reinstall Visual C++ redistributable packages x64 Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019.

Now when trying to open Daslight4, it won't load. Looked at the Windows Events logs and found the same crash error code as posted above. What C++ package does Daslight4 need? Does it help to reinstall and change install name from Daslight4 to say Daslight4 Dmx, for it to create a brand new folder registry.
What was the solution?

Thanks kindly