3D simulator not working.

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

3D simulator not working.

Post by Andre »

Hi,

I tried the 01/2008 download of DVC2 and the 3D simulator did not work. It does not update. if for example you try and use the view keys the "picture" does not move. You have to flick back and fourth between user and contrsuction mode. Can not move around using mouse.

In this state it is not usable and as you know I realy on this to create my shows as I cannot have all the lights setup for programming.

I waited until a new version was uploaded and the 02/2008 version is exactly the same.

I have tried this on 3 PCs now, 2 with XP and 1 with VIsta and it does not work on any of them.

Hope you can fix soon.
Last edited by Andre on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

The USER MODE is use to see the rendering. The CONSTRUCTION MODE is used to setup the fixtures and the object in the stage area. You can move each object or fixture with the mouse or with the 3 X,Y,Z axes available in the construction mode.
Can you check the menu MOUSE to see if your mouse is setup in DEFAULT mode, after you have 3 options, OBJECTS SELECTION or CAMERA ROATION or CAMERA MOVING.
Andre

Stopped working with...

Post by Andre »

The 3D simulator stopped working when I got to add the Medialas Spooky Blue V3 Laser.
It is the 24th fixture I have added and starts at address 127.

If you want all the fixtures I am using then please let me know and I will send them to you as 3 of them I have created myself.
Last edited by Andre on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andre
Andre

Medialas Spooky Blue V3 Laser Projector fixture...

Post by Andre »

It is the Medialas Spooky Blue V3 laser projector fixture that is causing the problem.
I will pull my original version that I created from my laptop and see if that works.
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Andree, thank you for your post. We found the probleme, it come with librarys that has hole between preset. We will change the SLL library format into SLL2 format soon. New functions appear on the market and we need to update this tool. Please wait the March version for the correction.
Andre

Post by Andre »

vianney wrote:Andree, thank you for your post. We found the probleme, it come with librarys that has hole between preset. We will change the SLL library format into SLL2 format soon. New functions appear on the market and we need to update this tool. Please wait the March version for the correction.

Thanks Vianney, it was just funny that my version worked.

Also with those fixtures I sent you the one called "LED56-5", it's a 5 channel LED Par can, for some reason in the 3D Simulator the colours are not correct. The colours are correct in DVC2 and the lights show the colour I have programmed, it's just in the 3D Simulator it is wrong. I suspect it is something to do with the way I have set-up the fixture.

Yes I am looking forward to the new version in March.
I am going to use the current version of DVC2 in a full live scenario this weekend. I am sure it will be fine, but will be completely stumped if things go wrong as all the addresses of the fixtures have been changed from what I had set-up in DVC1. I'll let you know how it goes and try and get some pictures sent to you :)
Andre
Andre

Post by Andre »

Andre wrote:I am going to use the current version of DVC2 in a full live scenario this weekend.

As I have found what I consider a major bug which I have reported in the following post
http://www.daslight.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=11

I will now not be using DVC2 live as I cannot create a predictable show. Indiviual scenes work as intended but when combining them I get results that are not what I expect. I am pretty sure it has something to do with running scenes from different groups in HTP mode rather than LTP mode.

Oh well back to the failthful DVC1 software.
Andre
Andre

Post by Andre »

Well using a work around from "Smoke and Mirrors" and from knowledge passed on by others and what other software consoles seem to do I am now using the DVC2 software live and it is very good. Does all I need it to do and with the planned additions etc will be even better.
Andre