How to get the stage centered in 3D simulator

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Aj Seamus

How to get the stage centered in 3D simulator

Post by Aj Seamus »

When I create a new stage, 20m x 20m for example, I cannot get it centered in the middle of the screen. How do I do that?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Well the "Stage" in Virtual 3D Simulator is the area where all of the objects and fixtures reside, but you are talking about a "box" that a band etc would stand on to perform.

Well the Stage settings buttons defines the size of the area you are working in so if your area is 24 metres wide by 24 metres long and you want to place your "box" in the middle you would give an X Location value of 12 and the Z Location value of 12, because as far as I can tell the axis for objects are always through the middle, so placing them in the middle of the work area should cause you no problems at all.

In Contrsuction mode, select the object you want to position.
Select the Location tab of the Settings... panel and type in the X and Z values.
Click anywhere in the "Stage" area but do not select an object.
Press 1 this gives you a view looking towards the performance area.
Now
X=Left/Right - X=0 thisis the far left of the area.
Y=Up/Down - Y=0 this is the bottom/floor of the area.
Z=Front/Back - Z=0 this is the wall from where you are looking.

If you press any of the view keys 1-5 X/Y/Z are still in the same places and do not change to reflect your view.
So pressing 4 (view from from above) and then increasing the Y postion of a fixture will make it appear nearer to your view point.

Hope that make sense.
Andre
Aj Seamus

Post by Aj Seamus »

Thanks, Andre. I'm getting the hang of it now. Pretty cool program actually.