HELP!

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Nato262

HELP!

Post by Nato262 »

I'm having trouble with any moving head or scanner. When I add one to the stage it automatically has max (Or min) pan or tilt, if I try to adjust it, it just goes up to max (or min) again. I didn't know where to put the thread so I thought I'll just put it here.

Please don't be complicated I'm only 13. LOL.

PS I'm adjusting in the Controller.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi Nato262 and welcome to the Daslight "Support" forum,

When you say you are adding one to the stage are you adding fixtures in the 3D Visualiser ? If so then you need to patch them in DVC2 which will then automatically get added to the 3D Visualiser when you answer "YES" to the "Patch has chenged" message that the 3D Visualiser presents to you.

I thought it might have been the FADE taken off in the SETUP page for the fixture but I tried that and it made no difference and was still able to control the pan/tilt smoothly via the slider or the "DOT" if in the PAN/TILT window of the fixture.

I take it you do not have an interface or any real lights and are just using the program to get an understanding of how it all works. That makes good sense as you want make sure it is rigt for you. I still think DVC2 is my favourite lighting control program and I have quite a few and some very expensive ones. This is by far the easiest to use (for me) once you get past a few silly things it has/does.

Anyway if you need any help then post somewhere in the forum and I will try my best to help you out.
Andre
Nato262

Post by Nato262 »

Andre wrote:Hi Nato262 and welcome to the Daslight "Support" forum,

When you say you are adding one to the stage are you adding fixtures in the 3D Visualiser ? If so then you need to patch them in DVC2 which will then automatically get added to the 3D Visualiser when you answer "YES" to the "Patch has chenged" message that the 3D Visualiser presents to you.

I thought it might have been the FADE taken off in the SETUP page for the fixture but I tried that and it made no difference and was still able to control the pan/tilt smoothly via the slider or the "DOT" if in the PAN/TILT window of the fixture.

I take it you do not have an interface or any real lights and are just using the program to get an understanding of how it all works. That makes good sense as you want make sure it is rigt for you. I still think DVC2 is my favourite lighting control program and I have quite a few and some very expensive ones. This is by far the easiest to use (for me) once you get past a few silly things it has/does.

Anyway if you need any help then post somewhere in the forum and I will try my best to help you out.

I've add it in using DVC2 and the sliders are still going everywhere.

Up to now all i can use is LED's because it's ALL moving heads and scanners.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I saw the sliders behaving badly when I tried an earlier version of DVC1 on Vista.

All I can suggest is to un-install and re-install, cannot think what is causing it.

The other thing you could do is send me your show save file *.dvc you can send it to my MSN e-mail address on here and I will have a look to see if there is anything that I can see is wrong.
Andre