Video Rendering

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

H&R Productions

Video Rendering

Post by H&R Productions »

Does anyone know if the DasLight product and Virtual 3D Simulator supports video props. I want to put some Video Screens and Projectors on the stage but have not found much information for this. I think I can make a simple box object in construction mode that would represent a Video Screen and it's location but is it possible to run video on that box to show what the actual screen would be showing in a live perfomance.

I also would want to time and/or use some kind of triggers with the video to keep it in sync with the music.

Anyone know if this is possible or how to do it?

Thanks,
Andre

Post by Andre »

Not possible I would say.
Andre
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

You need something like 3s Studio Max or Cinema 4d for the mac if you want full motion 3d renders of stage layouts.
Andre

Post by Andre »

In 3D Virtual Simulator that is not possible.

Using 3D Studio Max, Maya and other rendering programs is not really a solution as you would not be able to have the "LIVE" display of the lights.

You could create an object in 3D Studio Max and "skin it" with a snap shot of the video, then import that as an object into 3D Virtual Simulator, obvioulsy it would be static but at least it would show. You have to put 3D Virtual Simulator into "FULL MODE", default is "ECO MODE".

I wonder if Daslight would consider outputting to WYSIWYG in the future, as I am pretty sure that would be able to do what you want as well as displaying the lighting fixtures etc, not cheap though :(
Andre