Fixtures not showing on 3D view

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

maburrows251
Operating System: Mac OS X

Fixtures not showing on 3D view

Post by maburrows251 »

I am totally new to this so bare with me, when I have imported ssl1 or 2 profiles in from the Daslight site they do not show when I open them in the 3D view; is there some I need to do in order to see them?
I have also noticed that some of the fixtures that are included in the list also have the same issue.
This is currently running on a MacBook pro but will also be using on a Toshiba laptop later, both units are i7 and 16gb so no resource issue.
TomHat

Re: Fixtures not showing on 3D view

Post by TomHat »

Hey Maburrows,

Could it be that you are using 2 softwares installed into 2 different paths ? Maybe using Daslight 4 Beta and the EasyView installed with Daslight 4 Official ?

Just in case, I'm writing here the proper way to import SSL files directly into the softwares :

The new softwares (Daslight 4, 3D view) use only SSL2 files as they contain essential info they need in order to work properly.

You need to proceed following theses steps on Daslight 4 software :
Online import.png
Online import.png (208.98 KiB) Viewed 4482 times

1: Click online import feature
2: Search for the name of your fixture(s)
Once you have selected the profiles you need, just click the "OK" button and your profiles will be downloaded into the right folders.

From there, 3D View should be able to render the fixtures without a problem.

Notice : SSL files are placed into the ScanLibrary folder, only accessible by softwares installed in the same path as this folder.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500