Too less light beams compared to channels

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Pierre

Too less light beams compared to channels

Post by Pierre »

Hi Support,

I tried to create a fixture for the new eurolite KLS-2500, a light bar with 4 led lights, each LED with 5 colours (RGBAW).

In the setup I defined 4 light beams. Then I added the channels. Beside functions and dimmer, for each light beam 1 x RGB 2 x colour mixing (for amber and white). I defined all (RGBAW) for light beam 1 and then repeated it four times for all lights.

Then I tried to save the ssl2 and got the error message:
---------------------------
Cannot save the profile
The light beams count (4) doesn't match with the channels (8)

I just can save it, when I set all colour mixing channels to light beam "all", which is wrong.

I think, that Scanlibrary can't handle LEDs with more than 3 colour correct.

See also the fixture for the eurolite "LED KLS-2001" which is part of the delivered library. There the colour mixing channels (amber and white) are set to "all" beams too although the channels influence always just 1 beam.

When this will be fixed?

KR

Pierre
Pierre

Room for improvement

Post by Pierre »

It's very sad that no one from the support team find the time to answer my question. When I look at other posts, it seems to be quite normal that not all answers - especially when users talk about errors - will be answered.

Conclusion for me: better choose another software. It is quite obvious that Daslight 3 has still a lot of errors and the support is weak. The software can't handle LEDs with more than 3 colours well although they are on the market since years. Confidence-building seems to be a foreign concept.

Pierre
stardustgr

i understand you

Post by stardustgr »

my friend u are so correct of what u say. a long time now this thing happent. they dont want to fix the software (they say its good for bars and clubs only)many times the ansewr is to use sunlight software. they dont care if u have pay for the interface.
its a ashame a software that was so good to left it like this. i am a user from 2007 2008
and also its a shame cause the interface is not cheap at all and the suport is not good. i have the gold zm interface . but i stop use it along time a go. now i use light factory same money as daslight but the software has nothing to do with das.