High End Systems Studio Spot 575 CMY Profile issue

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

LtAudio

High End Systems Studio Spot 575 CMY Profile issue

Post by LtAudio »

I am looking for a profile for High End Systems Studio Spot 575 CMY Zoom.

The ones listed operate CMY using the standard cmy consensus of dmx value C0 M0 Y0 as all white.
This is how the Studio color 575 works as they function fine when I load the correct profile for them, but the Studio Spots 575 CMY's are different C255 M255 Y255 = white.

Second issue I noticed when I move the color wheel the colors are inverted.

Third issue the studio spot needs at least one of the values populated to allow the shutter to open. ie when dmx C0 M0 Y0 the shutter will remain closed.

So to sum up when I pull the dimmer bar to the black region in my CMY color chooser I can get white and no color but when I go to full white on the dimmer bar in the CMY color chooser I can get the inverted colors.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with the lights, my hogII runs them fine and countless renters with other boards, it seems to be just a little profile glitch for all spot cmy profiles.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

but the Studio Spots 575 CMY's are different C255 M255 Y255 = white.

I was asked the same thing this morning by Jeff from ADJ/Elation. Maybe you've been in contact with him. For now you must invert the channels in the software, but we're going to integrate this feature into the SSL profiles soon.

Second issue I noticed when I move the color wheel the colors are inverted.

I don't see a color wheel channel on this fixture
mikeD

Post by mikeD »

Lt,

I had the same problem with our Studio Color 575 S lights. The reason for the problem is that the light are advertised as CMY color mixing, but it is designed as SUBTRACTIVE color mixing.

For Example: If your Cyan Wheel is at 0, then it is a fully saturated Cyan. To make the light show this color however, you have to subtract ALL of the Magenta and Yellow. This means you have to set those wheels to 255.

The solution I found out is that the light essentially works like an RGB fixture. The color changes are correct if you replace your CMY channels in ScanLibrary with RGB channels. The fixture should now show you the correct colors.