Multiple problems with fixtures

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

FranzH
Operating System: Windows

Multiple problems with fixtures

Post by FranzH »

Hey guys,
I am using a fresh install of the Jan 2020 Version of Daslight 4 with a DVC 4 GZM.

When using Easy Viewer 2 I have a whole lot of problems:

-resizing of 3D objects is not possible (Size and Scale a weirdly linked and everything explodes in unpredictable ways)

-when loading multi segment LED-Bars, they show up correctly when imported the first time, but once I save and reopen the Easy View session, the individual segments are collapsed to a single position

-fixtures with multiple tilt/pan options, e.g. the Cameo Hydrabeam 4000 have four beams (when first imported at least, see problem #1) but only one of the pan/tilts is applied to all of the beams.

-when I patch something new into a running Daslight session and have the autoimport feature activated, the position of ALL fixtures in Easy View is reset

-when I open a Daslight session AFTER EasyView started, it crashes (even if i deactivate the auto import feature!)

-when I activate the "load last show automatically" featuer, EasyView crashes when it starts again, this can only be solves if I start Easy View from an empty Daslight session and deactivate the feature again.

Do you have any idea when there will be a new version of Daslight/Easy View? I have been waiting for a non-beta Easy View for a LOONG time now but really don't want to give up my DVC interface for something else...
FranzH

Re: Multiple problems with fixtures

Post by FranzH »

Just got a new bug:

If I patch any fog/haze machines. Easy View crashes. No matter whether I use something like a Stairville HZ-200 or the generic 1-ch fog machine
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, and sorry for the inconvenience. I'm passing this on to the developpers in charge of the support of this software.

We'll get back to you if we need more info.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
FranzH

Post by FranzH »

Is there anything I can try in the meantime?
It's basically making Daslight not useable to me right now as I can't work with LED bars at all...
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,
I just sent you a PM. Let's continue this conversation there ;)

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

docslash
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by docslash »

Hi folks,

although the reported difficulties with multibeam fixtures, e.g. hydrabeam 4000, four LED Arrangements... have been reported by FranzH more than a year back, I encountered the same problem. Is there fix for multi beam fixtures in easy view 2 / Daslight 4 ? Btw: I installed the latest version four days ago.

Hang loose
Martin
docslash

Post by docslash »

TomHat wrote:Hello,
I just sent you a PM. Let's continue this conversation there ;)

Regards,

Hi TomHat, would I be good for a PM as well, since I apparently have the same problem ?

Thanx in advance
Martin
docslash

Post by docslash »

Hi Guys,

has anyone of you worked around this problem ? TomHat advised me to install the beta version of Daslight4. Didn't change a thing. Everything works fine under Live conditions, but I want to be able to simulate my shows via EasyView2. Both quadruple fixtures Cameo Hydrabeam 4000 rgbw and Stairville clb2.4 compact led par system only show up as a single Head in EasyView2. How can I fix this ?

Regards
Martin
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I reailze I misunderstood your issue and I apologise for it. EasyView2 is simply not capable of showing 4 separate moving-heads for one piece of ficture. The 3D model file doesn't exist in its resources. We'll look into this for future versions, but I wouldn't cound on it anytime soon.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

S.lellwitz

Post by S.lellwitz »

For the Hydrabeam i make my one fixture.
I programm the hydrabeam in Daslight, also in Easyview as 4 seperatly fixtures. Its works fine. Also the multibeam works.
I great a fixture with 4 beams and set 4 dimmer channel with the seperet color and set it to the single beams.

Sorry for that Englisch :D
I hope you understand