DVC1 on Vmware

Original software version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Stefan

DVC1 on Vmware

Post by Stefan »

Hello,

as DVC1 and it's drivers (at least for the DVC100) do not support Win 7 64-bit: Did somebody ever try to install DVC1 and the drivers on a Windows XP running in Vmware or any other virtualization software?

Thanks,
Stefan
andrewsmith86

Post by andrewsmith86 »

Hi Stefan. I'm using a Mac running Lion. On it, I have Windows XP running on Parallels Desktop. DVC1 works perfectly on it. I haven't tried connecting our 100 Basic box to it but I'm confident it would work just fine.

Hope this helps!

Andrew.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Thank you for the reply.

I now installed Win XP using
- Win 7 64-bit Host System (Core i3, 4 GB)
- VM Ware Player 4.0.2
- Running Win XP as guest operating system.

The current DVC1 download installed properly, including the drivers. 3D visualization does currently not run, but I don't need it. Some test show files seem to run smoothly. I will soon test with real interface and devices connected. But looks good ...

Thanks and Best regards,
Stefan
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

I connected today finally my DVC1 Basic interface to DVC1 running on WinXP in VMWare. It works pretty normal, including very slow fades etc.

The drivers delivered with the current download package did not recognize the interface. The usual DVC1 drivers are not available for download in the download section. So I needed to install the original DVC1 drivers from a prior download some (years) ago. Then DVC1 recognized the interface.
andrewsmith86

Post by andrewsmith86 »

Yeah I recently discovered this too. We thought we had a dead DVC 100 Basic box so bought a new one and found the drivers for the original box on the Daslight 2 install CD. Good to hear this works anyway for future reference.

Andrew.