Creating a new fixture please help!

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

CheshireDJ

Creating a new fixture please help!

Post by CheshireDJ »

I have been trying to add a Revo 4 - 256 channels but in the scan library I keep getting errors, is this because it doesn't like the amount of channels for the fixture?

Thanks.
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

hi try to take from library (generic) rgbw and put count 64 and its ok
tony greece
CheshireDJ

Post by CheshireDJ »

Thanks for your help. Did RGB + W and tried to save it but got an error "cant save to library"
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

yep i mean dont make a new one load from library the rgbw at patch and put count 64 its going to work for now.i will look for the problem and i will tell you.
tony greece
CheshireDJ

Post by CheshireDJ »

Just realised what you meant. Just created the fixture via rgbw through the generic folder. Thanks very much.
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

no sorry i dint meant that
i mean go to "setup" (setup-editor-live) from the software not from scanlibrary editor then "patch fixture"who opens a window with the channels and universe and patch from generic file the rgbw and atthe box count put 64
64x (rgbw)4 channels=256channels that u need
CheshireDJ

Post by CheshireDJ »

I have created the fixture the way you described and it works a dream. Thanks again. I'm very new to this. I've been playing around with the software for a couple of weeks and my dvc512 arrived in the post yesterday so I could witness live what I had created. I'm loving it. Do you know how I can back up my scenes?
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

it was nice to help you :D :D :D
what do u mesn with the back up scenes? you mean save them? or to make a new project and load them?both of them is posible.
the first to save them you just go to file/ save as/ putthe name that you want and its ok.then go to open file then C:\Daslight Virtual Controller 2\Light projects/the name that you have give and its ok. the second you go from the software to editor you press the 3 box from left to right the one with the paper and arrow.it will open a window light projects or else you go hereC:\Daslight Virtual Controller 2\Light projects\ the name of the project u want.press open. and then another window will open with all the scenes you have made you choose what u want one scene or with ctrl pressed a group of sceenes. and they are load on ur new project...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
tony greece
CheshireDJ

Post by CheshireDJ »

Thanks for all your help, I will save all my scenes to an external harddrive just to be safe. Thanks again.
stardustgr

Post by stardustgr »

:D :D :D :D :D
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

You also can make a matrix whit 16x16 Pars, here you can make some other effects