Turn off live fixtures

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

alternativeimports

Turn off live fixtures

Post by alternativeimports »

Hi guys, when you have a new project and added fixtures, all the fixtures say 'OFF'. I am trying to make a scene to run a fog machine but as i can't turn off the fixtures (just blackout) when the hit the fog machine everything goes black.

I have made this work by starting on a fresh project, creating scene and then importing into my current project but there must be a way to turn off all live setting for a new scene.

Any ideas?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I suggest that you use an effect button in the live screen for controlling the smoke machine.

Set the button to flash mode, and use a keyboard shortcut letter to trigger the machine.

Alternatively you can use a scene button with timed on and off duration periods , and set the machine to it's lowest workable output level.

again this can be tied to a keyboard shortcut key.

This is how I do it, and I use both, the effect button is an override for when there is too little smoke , and the scene button is on for the duration of the show. If there is a build up of too much smoke , I turn the scene button off using the keyboard shortcut, as the scene button is not always visible.

I hope this helps.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

the live settings you refer to, are only released by the three hand icons in the group fixture windows.

They should not affect the saving of scene steps.

you have to treat them as an override only, so as I said if you click on the third icon hand this will enable all channel sliders to auto.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience