DVC2 always crashs on start

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dnjl

DVC2 always crashs on start

Post by dnjl »

Every time I install and try to start VC2 nothing happens. I see in processlists dvc2.exe starts and immediately crashs.
I've tried any version of dvc2 I got: from the CD, any version I've found on http://www.daslight.com/download/ inclusive latest beta.
My system is a fresh WinXP SP3 with all patches available installed.
The dmx hardware is a DVC2 128-M (SIUDI 6A with latest firmware says tools.exe).
The driver version 1.6.0 is installed and seems to work (it loads without errors).
The Tools.exe shows correct the device with its serial no and the Test seems also to run correctly.

I dont know what the problem is. Please, can anyone help me?
Andre

Re: DVC2 always crashs on start

Post by Andre »

dnjl wrote:Every time I install and try to start VC2 nothing happens. I see in processlists dvc2.exe starts and immediately crashs.
I've tried any version of dvc2 I got: from the CD, any version I've found on http://www.daslight.com/download/ inclusive latest beta.
My system is a fresh WinXP SP3 with all patches available installed.
The dmx hardware is a DVC2 128-M (SIUDI 6A with latest firmware says tools.exe).
The driver version 1.6.0 is installed and seems to work (it loads without errors).
The Tools.exe shows correct the device with its serial no and the Test seems also to run correctly.

I dont know what the problem is. Please, can anyone help me?

Try doing an un-install, run a reg cleaner (such as Eusing Reg Clenaer, its free) and then re-install.

You say that DVC2.exe is in visable in the Task Manager, do you have that running before you start DVC2 ? and get the list in alpha order, to ensure that it is not already running, as I have seen that happen where it has crashed, without you knowing it, and then you try and start the program which will not because it is still running !!!!

André
Andre