TAP Sync?

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

LJ_Beyond

TAP Sync?

Post by LJ_Beyond »

Hello there,

I would like to know if there is a possibility to make a sort of a tap sync function in daslight? If I am controlling my PAR Cans trough daslight I can make a scene and I can set the speed of the scens with the sliders but that is way to hard to control. I used another program in the past to control my lightshow and that did have a tap sync function which is very easy!!
I know I can attach an external light desk to my interface, but than I can't use the tap sync funtion for controlling the speed of my scene I've made with daslight. Or do I? MIDI controlling is not an option....

I hope I can get an answer or an other solution for this 'problem'.

Greetz
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Please wait the next version of DVC2 (March 200*). It will included the midi control and you could use an external Midi desk for all fader control.
Andre

Post by Andre »

vianney wrote:Please wait the next version of DVC2 (March 200*). It will included the midi control and you could use an external Midi desk for all fader control.

Hi Vianney,
LJ_Beyond wrote:MIDI controlling is not an option....
So the midi control is NOT want he wants ...

LJ_Beyond try running the Audio Analysis program it's the icon on the toolbar at the top that looks like a speaker with bpm under it.
Andre
Rekal

Post by Rekal »

Mmmm i don't like the audio feature very mutch.
It is just a bit to slow and it's not the same effect as a 'tap sync'.
The tap sync is even bether the the PBM fuction ( my opinion ).
the only problem is that you have to go to onother window ( audio analysis ) to get to the "learning tap button".
You dont have a shortkey that you can program in the "live window" to activate the "learning tap button"
LJ_Beyond

Post by LJ_Beyond »

LJ_Beyond wrote:MIDI controlling is not an option....
So the midi control is NOT want he wants ...

LJ_Beyond try running the Audio Analysis program it's the icon on the toolbar at the top that looks like a speaker with bpm under it.[/quote]

Hello to all!!

I've tried that function you are talking about, but it's like Rekal also says: it's not so accurate and you have to open that other window... :s

I've tried the external desk and used the tap sync function and it also works, but it's a bit silly to always take the external desk with me just for this function. maybe an idea to include in the next update/version of daslight. I'm sure you guys will figure it out !!

Greetz
hippydog

Post by hippydog »

Rekal wrote:Mmmm i don't like the audio feature very mutch.
It is just a bit to slow and it's not the same effect as a 'tap sync'.
The tap sync is even bether the the PBM fuction ( my opinion ).
the only problem is that you have to go to onother window ( audio analysis ) to get to the "learning tap button".
You dont have a shortkey that you can program in the "live window" to activate the "learning tap button"

That should be a relatively easy change for the programmers. :)

Allow the "Tap Sync Button" to be mapped to a keyboard key or external input (Midi, dongle input etc etc)..

For most DJ's having the lightshow run with a correct BPM si VERY important.
LJ_Beyond

Post by LJ_Beyond »

hippydog wrote:For most DJ's having the lightshow run with a correct BPM si VERY important.

That sure is true, that's why I've been asking this question. I really hope this function will be included in one of the next updates!

Greetz
hippydog

Post by hippydog »

hippydog wrote:For most DJ's having the lightshow run with a correct BPM si VERY important.

LJ_Beyond wrote:That sure is true, that's why I've been asking this question. I really hope this function will be included in one of the next updates!
Greetz

It's probably the ONLY feature that kept me from considering Daslight as 100% perfect..
The Auto BPM works pretty good, but an 'easy to use' Tap Sync would make it that much nicer..

The reason I like the idea of mapping the 'Tap Sync' button is a DJ can run Daslight and their favorite DJing program on the same computer and only have to bring Daslight to the foreground for something special..

What I was personally picturing was; (if you had a dongle with Port inputs)
the ability to wire a button to your console that you could use to 'tap sync' with out maximizing the Daslight window.