when passing from live mode to editor

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Noy carmel

when passing from live mode to editor

Post by Noy carmel »

Hello, I'm working with virtual controller 2. mostlly the controller work great but I have a few problems with the program.

1. first of all - when I pass from live mode to editor mode and a scene is running, the program activate the last scene I edit in editor mode. so I have two scenes runnig at the same time against my will. I wish to know how can I do it won't happen.
2. second problem - I wish to know how can I see the time that past from the start of the scene and the time that last to the end of it at live mode.
3. last problem - In editing mode how can I make the blue mark of editing a scene jump with me when I jump between scenes with the 'go to the next' button?

thank you for every help.

Noy
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

1) The editor screen by default starts with the top ie the 1st scene.

when you edit a scene the editor remains on this scene, so when you flip back to live and then back to editor it will go back to the last scene it is higlighted in bold text mode.

the solution is to have a blank scene in the group and when going between editor and live mode always leave editor on a blank scene.

2) The duration of a scene can not be shown in live mode. this I understand will be changed in DVC3. a blue bar will run across the bottom of the scene button.

3) editing mode is only for editing and the editor highlighted scene will not move with any jumps for editing , you have to select the scenes manually for editing.

Hope this helps.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Post by Andre »

Richard CSL wrote:the solution is to have a blank scene in the group and when going between editor and live mode always leave editor on a blank scene.

Full agree with what Richard has said in his post and I do what he has mentioned above, just remember to go into the editor and select that scene before starting you "LIVE " show.

André
Andre