Lights lose response

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

krisharris

Lights lose response

Post by krisharris »

Hi there. I am a DJ in a nightclub and I am new to the lights, DMX everything so I'm not too sure what the problem is. Maybe someone can help me?

Everything has been set up for months with Daslight and the lights. We use Live mode and there is already effects set up with different colours and lights etc.

Some nights the lights respond perfectly to the system and are absolutely fine ALL night. But other nights, every so often the lights will just do their own thing, all of them go crazy, blasting out all sorts of colours and effects. No matter what I do on Daslight, it won't respond.

If I unplug the interface from the USB and then plug it back in, usually it comes back but not all the time. The weird thing is, the interface still shows up in the Interface Manager, even when it's not responding with the software.

If you have any questions, please do ask I will give as much details as I can. Thanks.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

it sounds like a faulty light in the chain. do you have an end terminator plug for the dmx chain?? if not get one , this will help.

have you checked all your cables??

does the problem occur after a particular light in the chain??

ie a light in the chain is starting to generate built in lighting programs.

best to start identifying which lights that can do this , by unplugging each one from the dmx control line, and seeing which ones are capable of generating their own signal.

this will probably take some time to identify all of them, and once done you need to eliminate them one at a time for a complete night.

eventually you will find your rogue light,
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience