Feature request

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

Feature request

Post by Andre »

I would like to see a couple of features added to DVC2 if at all possible.

1) A button to stop and reset all active scenes on the "Live" page.

2) The ability to colour the buttons on the "Live" page.

I would also like to see scripting of scenes to be available. So you could set up a fixture to do something and that could be called many times from different scenes. Would stop the duplication of Scenes.
The scripts would have to have the ability to process each item in the script in two ways either in sequence or parallel. This would have to be per item in the script as well. Also the ability to call scripts within scripts.

I hope that makes sense. I could draw up a flow diagram to explain it more if needed.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Hi Andre!

I agree these would be very useful features!

BTW, I do the lighting for The Floyd Effect :D
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

Hey SmokeAndMirrors, seems we're in the same game, i do lights & visuals for a "tribute act" (dont you hate that phrase).

I bet you've got your work cut out for you running a lighting rig for a Pink Floyd Act, you must have a huge truck of moving heads/mirrors & lasers.

I play/work with a Black Sabbath act called War Pigs, we're a bunch of session musicians from assorted bands playing old Sabbath stuff from the original line up (the Ozzy years)

The idea is to play the old songs with new technology so we have a 3 screen visuals set up behind the band, i film/edit & trigger live the visuals elements during the show, and i run the lights at the same time via Daslight so i have total control of the "look" of the stage while the band play their instruments.
http://www.myspace.com/warpigsuk
Our video demo (only using 2 moonflowers, 2 macs and some led parcans)
http://www.vimeo.com/687251

For lights i have 4 Martin Mac 250 heads, 6 American DJ Mega Bar LED washes, 10 Prolight par64 led parcans, 2 x Acme Moonflowers, 1 x 3000 watt strobe, 1 x 50mw green laser.

Do you ever play in the Midlands area, would be good to see the show, i've always been a Floyd fan?
[/url]
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Hey BK!

I love the projector visuals. What software do you run to control them? Controlling that plus Daslight at ther same time must require some dexterity - are you an octopus by any chance? :-)

Our show is quite small at the moment. If you check out the website there are pics, plus IIRC if you click the "On the Run" thumbnail on the home page there's a video. Current hardware:

8 x Acme dynamo 100W scans
4 x Smart SSC 150 scans
2 x KAM something-or-other scans
1 x KAM Moonflower (curse the gobo not having continuous rotation!)
2 x Prolight RGY lasers + bounce mirrors
8 x Prolight LED colour tubes
2 x Spectrabank 6 LED banks
2 x Prolight LED mini-pars
1 x Acme HD5 DMX smoke machine

That show was hurriedly put together so didn't use all the gear and IMO looked weak in places. We've got two more dates lined up this year: Norwich (May 1st) and Luton (Oct 30th) and our drummer is actively looking for more dates in other places. Who knows, the midlands may be within our reach.
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

It is possible to stop all the scene of the group or all the scene of the project. just use the RELEASE scene option in Editor mode.
The button color and script for scenes will come in a furture version.
Andre

Post by Andre »

vianney wrote:It is possible to stop all the scene of the group or all the scene of the project. just use the RELEASE scene option in Editor mode.
The button color and script for scenes will come in a furture version.

Yep thanks Vianney, I have worked that out. I now have a global "Blackout" button. I also have "Blackout" buttons for each group I have created.

Glad to see that new features are constantly being added, looking forward to see what you guys come up with next. I know how much work you all do and it is certainly appreciated.
Andre
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

smokeAndMirrors wrote:Hey BK!
I love the projector visuals. What software do you run to control them? Controlling that plus Daslight at ther same time must require some dexterity - are you an octopus by any chance? :-)

our drummer is actively looking for more dates in other places. Who knows, the midlands may be within our reach.

I mainly do visuals, more so than lights at present, its more fun and pretty challenging.
As well as my work with the band i do quite a bit of nightclub work, Sundissential & Cream being 2 of my regular gigs.

The visuals are all triggered live on the beat using a Macbook Pro with Modul8 VJ software, with a codanova usb/midi controller to add effects and more layers when required, the mac also has a camera plugged in via firewire, this allows me to effect live footage through the software, the computer output is plugged into a 4 channel video mixer, as is the camera and other sources such as dvd players, ipod, etc, the output is then run thru a Korg Entrancer video effects unit (great for live video scratching)..the final signal is outputted to a matrix switcher for total control of what image is displayed on which screen.

To answer the octopus question i let Daslight do the hard work for me on the lights while i'm busy on the laptop, there are a couple of specific cues i have for a couple of songs but in the main its click GO and forget it til the end.

Gigs: - I have some contacts at the Bulldog Bash - Hells Angels festival held in Stratford in August if you're interested.
jameshuk

Post by jameshuk »

HI BK,

You'll have to let me know where your next giging the the Midlands and if i'm free i'll come along - like the setup looks pretty good. I'm in Stratford and all over the Midlands quite a bit too so if you need a hand with anything get in contact.
James H
James H UK Event Services
www.jameshuk.com

Daslight Gold user running on 00DJ System