Problem lights don't show in Virtual 3D Simulator

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

teunvansambeek

Problem lights don't show in Virtual 3D Simulator

Post by teunvansambeek »

Hello to all,
I'm a new Daslight Virtual Controller 2 user. I don't have any DMX hardware yet, but I'm will be using DMX gear soon with my band. I've checked out different DMX software and found out that (the free version) DVC2 is the best choice for me. :P

I've build a stage in DVC2 with moving heads and am creating scenes. When I click on the different steps, the moving heads (in the 3D Simulator) do exactly what is to expect (change colors and so). But if I click the 'Play scene' button I see the program running (changing highlighted steps), but the Virtual 3D Simulator does nothing. :(

My question is: Do I do something wrong or do I have software problems (I'm using Vista on a Dell XPS computer) :?:

Thanx, Teun
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

this may be a patch problem that many of us have experienced in the past. best solution is to recreate your patch in a fresh new instance of DVC. then import your scenes from your corrupted ie old file.

you will now find this will work.

another thing to check is that the dissable the moving slider option has been selected this will at least show you in live mode if the scene is behaving properly. (check using general tab, or group tab under the green dmx tab this opens all the sliders for the group in live mode)
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
teunvansambeek

Lights do not show (fixed it?)

Post by teunvansambeek »

Richard CSL wrote:this may be a patch problem that many of us have experienced in the past. best solution is to recreate your patch in a fresh new instance of DVC. then import your scenes from your corrupted ie old file.

you will now find this will work.

another thing to check is that the dissable the moving slider option has been selected this will at least show you in live mode if the scene is behaving properly. (check using general tab, or group tab under the green dmx tab this opens all the sliders for the group in live mode)

Hello Richard,

Thanx for your reply,
I seem to have found it. First I rebooted my computer (I think this was actually not necessary) and then I found out that the 'Light Beam On' button (the white circle) doesn't work with fixures with 255 shutter positions. Only the 32 shutter position makes the moving head to shine steady. After putting the fixture manualy on the 32 position, the program started to work. The light beam on button seems to have no effect in the running program but only works when programming the steps.

grtz, Teun