program movements with scene generator

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djsteven.be

program movements with scene generator

Post by djsteven.be »

hello,

for example; six scans
can i program in one scene, using the 'fx scene generator' for each scan a different movement...?
or how can i link a movement from the fx scene generator to one scan...?

thanks in advance
steven wynen
smokeAndMirrors

Re: program movements with scene generator

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

djsteven.be wrote:hello,

for example; six scans
can i program in one scene, using the 'fx scene generator' for each scan a different movement...?

thanks in advance
steven wynen

It doesn't appear possible to do this. However, you can simulate it. Generate all 6 motion scenes for each of the scans. Assign them the same keyboard binding. Then in live mode when you hit that key, all the scenes will trigger at once.

It would be a really nice addition to Daslight to be able to do this automatically - have a scene trigger other scenes as opposed to the rather limited "jump". Another idea is to allow a scene to jump to a group, triggering all scenes in that group. But that's up to them software engineers. If they're listening!
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
djsteven.be

Post by djsteven.be »

hmm, thats not really a solution for me... the speed cannot really easy be changed...
I'll just program manually without the fx funktion.

btw, thanks for the really quick reply

greeetz steven
smokeAndMirrors

djsteven.be wrote:hmm, thats not really a solution for me... the speed cannot really easy be changed...
I'll just program manually without the fx funktion.

btw, thanks for the really quick reply

greeetz steven

You know that you can bring up speed sliders in live mode? Right-Click on a scene button, and there is an "Enable Speed Control" option (something like that anyway). When it's on, you get a slider to speed up or slow down the scene.
smokeAndMirrors

Re: program movements with scene generator

djsteven.be wrote:hello,

I only just noticed this part. You can select which fixtures are affected when the FX generator first pops up. Expand the "+" next to your fixture type and untick all those you don't want to affect.
djsteven.be

Post by djsteven.be »

yes, I know;
but if you make for each scan a different movement scene, you must change the speed on the live screen with six sliders...:-(
smokeAndMirrors

djsteven.be wrote:yes, I know;
but if you make for each scan a different movement scene, you must change the speed on the live screen with six sliders...:-(

Aye, it sucks a bit.
Andre

Post by Andre »

It's not an ideal situation but it does work even if it's a bit long windded. It's basically a manual way of editing you scene/steps.

Decide the maximum number of steps a fixture will make and use this figure for all fixtures you create movement for.
Using the FX generator (I have issues with this as it creates more steps than you tell it too, but thats another story), create the genearted scenes for each of you fixtures that you want in the scene.
Then take one of the generated scenes as your master scene and then looking at each of the other generated scenes one step at a time add the posistions etc from the other scenes to the master scene keep doing this for each step for each fixture until you have added everything to your master scene.
Told you it was long winded.
Another way is create all the individual scenes for each fixture and then assign the same shortcut key to each of them. That way all will start at the sametime on the key press.
Remember you can have multiple shortcut keys on the same scene.

Really need a copy and merge feature :) I make a post about it.
Andre
djsteven.be

Post by djsteven.be »

right, that's the only way....

the short-key solution is not an option if you want to change the the speed in the live screen. (see a few posts above)

thanks andre

greeets steven