DMX Input patching

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

DMX Input patching

Post by Andre »

Does anyone know how the DMX Input patching works ?

I can do a straighht patch that works OK, but if I want to patch an input from my desk that is using address 241 for example and I want it output to address 123 then putting the parameters in does not seem to work. I have 241 in the Input part and Universe 1. In the outputs I have Universe 1 and address 123. Click apply. Try it and nothing. Right click the channel again and select Input and it has reverted back to it's defaults.

Also what does all the stuff at the bottom of the Output Mode Setting mean ?
ex: 5+6+7+8+9 = 5.9 = 5+6+7.9
Andre
SEAMUS

DMX Input Patching

Post by SEAMUS »

Hi Andre
I have just tried input patching on DVC2 and it worked fine for me, I patched input ch12 universe 1 to output ch24 universe 1. Also the stuff at the bottom of output patch is for grouping channels ie 1-50 selects ch1 through ch50 then select which mode you want those channels on, DMX Input. Midi, Auto, etc. Hope this has been of some help to you.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi Seamus,

Thanks for the info.

Do you have fixtures on those channels ?
As I do not have any fixtures from 240 onwards but have patched my external desk to start at 240.
DMX Input Scene triggering works but patching 241 to 123 does not seem to.
Andre
Andre

Post by Andre »

For some reason my desk lost it address setting of 240 and for some other reason, maybe related I can't put it back to 240.

But I was able to change the input universe to 2 so that the desk now starts on address 1 of universe 2 and it's working again :)
Andre
SEAMUS

DMX Input Patching

Post by SEAMUS »

Hi Andre
Yes I have 192chs used on generic lamps and ch200 to ch224 for Stairville 250mh movers then ch230 to ch 255 for RGB Cans. Some shows we also use 12 Mac 250mh movers. Sometimes I use ETC Express250 as external desk but it is useless for movers, although can be handy as external desk. I again tried an input patch this morning and discovered it is easier to patch in Setup on DVC2.