Problem going live?

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Beakerfm

Problem going live?

Post by Beakerfm »

Hi guys n gals. I'm having a slight problem with DVC2 program. I am programming 6 moving heads (Imotion 5S) in editor and everything is working fine. It runs through steps or generated scenes. However as soon as I go live, 4 of the heads stop responding to the program and it won't run through the steps. Two heads work fine on all settings but 4 don't. Any ideas as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.
Have Fun - Go Mad
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi Beakerfm,

Very strange !!!
When you say it runs fine in the editor, are the lights actually connected and doing what they should ?

If you want you can send me you show file and I will have a look for you.
Andre
Beakerfm

Post by Beakerfm »

Yeah, the lights are all connected via DMX and are behaving. I can't get it to run in live mode.
Even when in editor, if I press the play button, it goes to first step and stops. I've tried looping, autorelease etc. Probably just missing a checkbox somewhere.
Would a video file showing you what happens help?
I'm there again tomorrow so I could video it and upload to my website for you to view.
Even generated scenes won't play live, so I can get static scenes on stage to work but not moving heads or chases.
Have Fun - Go Mad
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi Beakerfm,

I don't think a video would help really. I need to see what your show is.

When in the editor, the play button will only play the selected scene it ignores jumps.
Andre
Beakerfm

Post by Beakerfm »

I'll get the show file for you on Tuesday. Do I send it via your email link on your posts?

I know it's something I'm doing or not as that is usually the way. Bloomin user error.
Thanks
Have Fun - Go Mad
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi,

I have received the file and have looked at it.
A couple of the fictures was in a mode that I do not know what it was.
They were not in Auto, HTP, LTP, Input or MIDI.
I have chaned them to auto.
Also I do not use "BPM on scene" so I could not test it properly. I only use the "Time" option.

Anyway I havre replied to you e-mail with the changed file.

I hope it has sorted out the problem.
Andre
Beakerfm

Post by Beakerfm »

Well that sorted it out straight away and I think I have seen what I was doing wrong as well. You are a genius. All the lights are responding always now and I can at last do the programs I want. Thank you so much. I owe you big time.
Have Fun - Go Mad
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi Beakerfm,

No problem, I was glad I could help and was able to spot the cause.

Good luck with the programming and if you need any help pop a post up on the forum and we should be able help.
Andre