Daslight Changes

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

simonB
Site Admin

Daslight Changes

Post by simonB »

We have decided to start development on DVC3. The idea will still be to keep the software as simple to use as possible whilst integrating new features which are necessary even for basic projects.

The main objectives will be:
1. Most importantly to have support for the SSL2 fixture profile format. This will allow for many future changes which are not possible with the current format
2. To give the software a makeover with a more modern look
3. Tidy the interface (the scene parameters design will be changing)
4. Integrate a lot of new small features such as better group editing, an OFF channel state, colored scenes etc...
5. Development on DVS
6. A new audio analysis and new effects

The plan will be for all the latest interfaces to be compatible.

DVC3 won't be finished within the next few months. However the plan is not to start from scratch but to develop on the current software, so it isn't going to take anything like 5 years.
Last edited by simonB on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lxrixta

Post by lxrixta »

Will people who have already purchased controllers be able to use them with version 3, or will we be limited to version 2?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

A desician is yet to be made exactly which boxes will be compatible, but all recent purchases and future purchases should support DVC3.
jedi

Time Line planned?

Post by jedi »

Hello,

do you planning a time-base in further versions of DVC2 DVC3,
for programming music synchron shows?

Jedi
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I cannot see this happening in the near future. If it is something you need you may want to take a look at the more advanced Sunlite Suite 2 (www.nicolaudie.com)
Arktim

Post by Arktim »

Is there a chance to update one Daslight Controller that i can use the Sunlite Suite 2 Software?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Cross grades are sometimes possible, please e-mail me your serial
TechnikPalace

Help

Post by TechnikPalace »

I need the VC for Android...
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I'm afraid that won't be happening. See www.arcolis.com for info on the smartphone apps our Arcolis brand are developing.
Rekal

any news?

Post by Rekal »

Hey.

Is there any news what so ever from DVC3 ?
Beta version for Januari 2011?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

DVC3 will be available in the course of next year. It has only been 7 months in development so there will be no beta any time soon.

I should be able to give a better indication of a beta release date before spring.
Rekal

Post by Rekal »

1/2 year further, any news?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

We're still working on it. It's taken a little longer than originally thought due to:
1. The release of the new DVC2 Gold board (SIUDI5->SIUDI8)
2. The new DVC2 512 and 128m boards (now SIUDI9)
3. The new DVC2 PAD
4. The new audio analysis
5. The new library editor, compatible with DVC2's ssl1 files as well as DVC3s SSL2 files.
6. Our Daslight developers are also working on EasyRemote- an iPad app and browser control to allow the live screen of DVC3 to be controlled from any mobile phone/tablet with internet over wifi.

All these extra jobs and a few changes in our development team have caused delays, but I hope we will have a beta ready for September.

We're currently testing Alpha builds at the exhibitions, we were showing them at Frankfurt and PLASA focus this month. Nothing ready for beta testing yet but if you're desperate for a demo then come along to one of the shows.
alternativeimports

Daslight Changes

Post by alternativeimports »

Hi Simon, please let me know as soon as the ipad app is ready for purchase or if you require us for testing.

Currently using 'LogMeIn' for remote control.
TechnikPalace

App

Post by TechnikPalace »

Please purchase not just an ipad app....ANDROID APP!!!!!