New version(s) 01/2010

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

New version(s) 01/2010

Post by Andre »

New version(s) to be downloaded, for release version and beta version.

The splash screen say "Dec 30 2009"

The beta version will not install unless you rename the file to DVC2_setup.exe same as it was last month !!!!!!
Then the program will not run as the icon is looking for DVC2.exe not DVC2beta.exe so you have to change that as well.

Found a couple of "new" programs in the install folder.
Tools.exe - examines, tests your interface and other stuff.
ScanLib.exe - Looks like it might be the V2 of ScanLibrary program.

Not sure what else has changed as have done a complete clean install on my test box, so need to get programming.

No CHANGELOG !!!!!!!!

I have not downloaded the release version, to see what is what only the beta version.
Andre
SEAMUS

New version(s) 01/2010

Post by SEAMUS »

Hi,
Scene can play audio That is the only other differance I have found.
Andre

Re: New version(s) 01/2010

Post by Andre »

SEAMUS wrote:Hi,
Scene can play audio That is the only other differance I have found.

I am pretty sure that has been there for a while.
Andre
Andre

Bugs in latest beta Dec 30 2009

Post by Andre »

I have found some bugs in the editor of the latest beta release of DVC2 Dec 30 2009.

I have created the following groups and in this order.
Blackout
Specials
Song 1 to Song 20
Each of the above groups has a scene called the same as the Group.
Group called LEDs All, in this group I have scenes for blackout and fade out plus 14 colours. Each of these scenes are
Loop=001
Exit Mode=Pause
Release=Group

Bugs
Now for some reason two of these scenes in Group LEDs All kept changing back to to Exit Mode=Auto release, upon moving from Editor to Live.
Also the Fade Out did not fade out, just blackout straight away ingnoring the fade time, scene was ticked to allow fade, ENABLE Fade is on. Fade ticked on the Setup screen.

Saved my show and exited DVC2.
Restarted DVC2, now Groups Song 1 and Song 2 have been renamed New Group 1 and New Group 2 respectively, with the original scenes still inside them, but the groups are now at the end of my list of groups and Groups Song 10 and Song 20 have been put to the top of the "Song" groups.
As you know how much of pain it is to re-organise groups, because you cannot drag and drop groups and there is no method of being able to re-organise groups and their contents other than moving scenes from group to group and then renaming the groups when all scenes are in place.

The two scenes that kept changing the Release are now correct and stay that way and the fade now works !!!!

Makes the program un-usable.

Hmmm - disappointing.
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hey Andre

If you could get to the bottom of this bug and see what exactly is causing it, (scenes same name as groups perhaps?) and let me know I'll get it sorted.
Andre

Post by Andre »

simonB wrote:Hey Andre

If you could get to the bottom of this bug and see what exactly is causing it, (scenes same name as groups perhaps?) and let me know I'll get it sorted.

It has only happened the once with this show, maybe it just does not like lots of new groups with the default scene it creates. I was trying to plan ahead and get all my groups in place before I started creating the scenes for each group.

I have always seen weird things changing in the editor, was usually the port changing saying <overflow> (I think that is what it said) but only ever happened on scenes that I had a keyboard shortcut, so was never a problem for me. Not getting that with this version.

The "Release" changing has not happened since I did the "reorganize" of all the groups etc. and nor has the groups changing thing. Maybe it was just a hickup. Maybe if I start another new show it will happen again.

I also do not have the group the same name as the scene anymore, so it could have been that, but don't think so as I have always had a "Blackout/Blackout" as my first group/scene.
Andre