Feature request

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Andre

Feature request

Post by Andre »

I would like to see an exclude option on a scene/group so when a "General" release happens it does not release "excluded" scene/group.

This would be very useful for certain fixtures that you require to have running all the time such as hazers/fog machines and I sure other people could think of other things that need to be kept running.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Yeah that would be good. I asked for pretty much the same thing - a "lock" option.

However I use my smoke machine in Short Controlled Bursts ((c) Aliens 1986). Andre, seeing as you're another Floyd lighting engineer, don't you get sax players and backing vocalists whining about smoke? I get it all the time. "I don't like the smell", "It gets my throat", "I can't read my sheet music" :roll: I had to stop the smoke for the sax solo on Shine On because the hired sax player hadn't bothered to learn the part. He then complained the stage had been "too dark"!
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi smokeAndMirrors,

I use a Jem Magnum 550 Hazer which only smells for the first few minutes, does not have an after taste etc. None of the guys moan at all in fact they love the haze the more they get the better the show looks. The only problem I have with the Hazer is that it uses it's own fluid specifically for that Hazer so it costs more and you can't just get any old fluid from anywhere. Advantages are very little smell, no after taste, fast pre-heat no fiddling with any heat settings etc.

All our guys know the music, well except for our new keyboard player who had not played any of Pink Floyd before joining us, he uses a little LED lamp over his music, so they don't have to read what they are doing, in fact our main guitarist vocalist, Dan has his eyes shut or is not even bothering to look at his guitar.
Andre