Virtual Controller 2 Bugs

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Beta version does not load . opening error.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

right click on scene button, select properties, tick the box.
"Not possible to call this scene with next or previous".
then return to live mode,

select any previous scene in the same group and then click next button. activated scene with ticked box expires. ie turns off.

also if the next button is used and it encounters any scene jumps to next or specified scene. the cursor jumps back to the beginning. ie the very first scene button. another major fault.

Major bug if you ask an operator just to click next shortcut button for a show.! as this will dissable background scenes.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Richard

I've tried re-producing your bugs and have followed your instructions step by stand but I've had no luck.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

allow me to clarify.

I undrestood this option ment that the scene would not be affected by the next / previous action.

therefore if a scene that had been dissabled from next previous action should not be affected. However if you select the scene then press next the scene is de activated.

surely the whole point of the tick box is to completely remove the scene from being activated or de activated by the next button.

It is correct that the scene button is not activated by the next button. So what is the point of this function, a scene that will be avoided if you are using next cue function operation.
smokeAndMirrors

Key bindings don't work in virtual screen

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

You can't use live mode key bindings when the virtual screen is active.
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
smokeAndMirrors

Virtual Screen "Duplicate" ... doesn't

The "Duplicate" menu option on buttons just creates a new button. No colour, text, or DVC commands are copied.
smokeAndMirrors

Dragging on virtual screen

When you drag a button on the virtual screen, it often turns the wrong colour if you've edited the colour on other buttons (only whilst dragging though)
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Richard, I see what you mean now. I'll speak to the developers regarding this
Harry

Post by Harry »

I've detected a bug in the latest version of VC2 (jan 20, 2010).

I've added two martin mac 250 heads (version doesn't seem to be relevant for the problem). When I want to create a color-scene, I do so by picking the color with a right mouse-click on the color-channel of the heads.

When I am in live mode, it doesn't work though. When I return to the editor mode and adjust the color-fader manually a bit up or down and than exactly to the same dmx-value again, it does work.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have had this problem in the past, from memory just shutting down the program and reloading solves this problem.

you might also check the dmx output by selecting the head tab and clicking the top icon tab this then changes to live output mode, ensure allow moving fader in the options box is un ticked.

this way you will see exactly what dmx output status is.
zachhwilliams

Moving the Fixtures in Construction Mode

Post by zachhwilliams »

I can't seem to move the fixtures, such as trussing, staging or curtains on the 3D simulation.

OS: Mac OS X running Windows 7 in VMWare (although I've had this problem on XP before)
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Zachh

You won't be able to move your objects within the 2D views unless you are using the 3D viewer in Full Mode which is only activated when certain interfaces are connected. Is it possible to drag the items in the 3D? or move the items on the location tab of the settings panel? If not, check that your layers aren't locked. If you are still having problems, drop me an e-mail with your daslight show and 3D stage ([email protected])
Andre

Post by Andre »

You can go into FULL MODE see this post before they remove the post or change the code ... well that is if they have a programmer that can do it.
Andre
smokeAndMirrors

HUGE bug in virtual screen

Sorry guys, this is so f**king poor it almost makes me want to throw Daslight in the bin:

Reproduction:

1. spend hours setting up buttons in the virtual screen.
2. delete a scene from the editor view
3. now observe that you have totally and irredeemably trashed your buttons on the virtual screen because they select scene by index, not name, and deleting that scene changed all the indices after it.

Jeez, that is so f**ked.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Yes I have had this problem, very very annoying. For sure I am going to make them change this