Swapping Fixtures

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

H&R Productions

Swapping Fixtures

Post by H&R Productions »

Is there a easy way to swap a fixture that was programmed in DasLight with a similar type and/or different brand of fixture?

If I show up on show night and say one on my fixtures is not working for some reason and I have to swap with a different model or brand to get the show going how can I easily change it in the software and retain all the programmed settings I had with the original fixture.

Is this possible or will the replacement fixture have to be programmed from scratch? Is there any software features that allows the copy of program settings from another fixture and/or scene?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Well I know that you could not do it with DVC1 as I tried it as with DVC2 I have not tried it but I doubt it as it seems that the scenes are tied to fixtures so replacing a fixture will not update the scene. You can try it but I doubt it will work.
I the new fixture has the same number of channels and the channels do the same things other than maybe the actual colours or gobos then that will work without having to do anything, but the chances of having exactly the same channels etc are remote to say the least.

But I could be wrong maybe some clever person knows how to do it.
Andre