Effects + Audio

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

BK Sound

Effects + Audio

Post by BK Sound »

The feature to play back an audio file while triggering a scene is a pretty handy feature for my conference work.

Its particularily useful at awards ceremonies.

Being able to trigger an audio sting while making the lights go flashy flashy all by pressing a single key is really useful, and using flash mode its even better as i can just hold it down til the winner arrives at the podium to collect their award.

However only the audio file stops when i release the key, the lighting scene the effect is triggering still plays when i release the key.

Is there a way to make the scene stop too?
Andre

Re: Effects + Audio

Post by Andre »

BK Sound wrote:However only the audio file stops when i release the key, the lighting scene the effect is triggering still plays when i release the key.

Is there a way to make the scene stop too?

The only way I can get it to do something similar is by not using "Start a Scene" but using "Include Live Faders" on the first panel when you create the effect. You can select what fixtures you want and set the sliders accordingly. Obviously it does not allow for movement etc so you can only set static colours postions unless you fixtures have an "auto pattern" mode.
If you start a scene use the effect button, how that scene is released is dependant on that scene not on the effect button that triggered it.

Maybe we should suggest a "NEW Feature" of "Start a scene on release of effect button."
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

It is not possivble but the advise of Andre is interesting, you can setup a scene with shutter off and turn on the shutter with your effect button on. so the beam will stop when your effect is off. the scene will keep moving but without beam.
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

Yeah its a work around i suppose but as i said it is conference work which requires the lights to be as quiet as possible at all times, and even Martin Macs make noise when they are spinnng around.

Its not a major problem as i can always trigger a new static scene with no audio file associated and trigger that at the right moment.