Conventionals

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

performance stage

Conventionals

Post by performance stage »

Ok,

Perhaps this has been covered. But please give me the best tips for programming conventional pars. In other words, how do you program a 60k show, and separate all the colors, etc? I have always "jury rigged" it, but I'm sick of doing it this way. I've noticed the program will "blend" all the par 64's together if you label them all as such. If I just patch 60 pars in, there doesn't seem to be a way to effectively group them by color.

HELP!! Thanks
Nothing is visible without Light
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

You could either create a different fixture profile for each color so you have a different tab for each color, or you could arrange the fixtures into groups within the fixtures window.

Although you're using DVC2, the group window is similar in DVC3 and the manual describes it much better:
http://www.daslight.com/online_manuals/ ... dfPgY7.htm
performance stage

Thanks

Post by performance stage »

We tried the groups this weekend and it worked pretty well I must say. After we get our dimmer rack plugged into all the Soco, we just use the master DMX to identify each light, write it down, then created a group. No problem. The only issue I see with this method is that the chases might be a little funny?

Thanks,

Mike
Nothing is visible without Light
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Even if the fixtures are arranged in groups, you can still select individual fixtures for editing and create chases with the effects generator.