Visualising Avloites desk using DMX IN?

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

SFX Events

Visualising Avloites desk using DMX IN?

Post by SFX Events »

Hello,

Been doign a bit of research and can't quite work this out - Should I be able to use the Visualiser alongside an avolites desk by plugging the DMX out from the desk into my DMX IN on the daslight?...
This would be really handy for offsite learnign and programming!...

I imagine it would involve patchign the desk and the software the same, then changing the visualiser to accept incoming DMX signal, and then theoretically bobs your uncle and anythgin I do on teh avo is displayed in the 3d Vis?.............

If this works please give me a breakdown of the steps involved?..

Kind regards
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd
SFX Events

Post by SFX Events »

Basically I have got as far as:

setting all daslight channels to IN. Patching a mac 550 on both the pearl and daslight. Using DVC2 GOLD ZM and a Male - Male DMX cable pluggign the output of teh avo into Daslight.

From here opening the visualiser any DMX signal the pearl sends should move the corresponding channel is DAS surely??... But nothign happens.

Both the daslight and the pearl are workign correctly otherwise so I can't figure it out?....
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

-Make sure the DMX input is enabled and the correct universe is selected in the tools->interface menu
-Make sure your fixtures are selected in the group window
-if it still doesn't work, test with the Hardware Configuration- tools application
SFX Events

Post by SFX Events »

yeah it is enabled and I have set the input to universe 1.
Fixture is selected, open 3d view and nothing registers input.

Also I have updated to Siudi 7 v1.18 via tools and used the dmx test and it doesn't register any incoming dmx input....

Could there be any other reasons for this??

I made my own MALE to MALE dmx cable from other dmx cables I had laying around. this was soldered the correct way round and I have done a continuity test with a volt meter and seems fine so I wouldn't presume taht to be the Issue...

Thanks, William.
Joe Hale
Director
SFX Events Ltd