Development query

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Kleinolli24

Development query

Post by Kleinolli24 »

Hi SimonB,

I have tried the DVC matrix editor and found out, that the useful functions are only available, if the fixture has RGB light sources.

But there are some very interesting matrix fixtures on the market from e.g. JBS or ADJ, which do not have this RGB feature. Therefore, for these fixtures, the built-in matrix editor is, without doing heavy tricks, useless.

Now I am planning to implement a stand-alone-monochromic-matrix-editor which should at least generate a DVC-file with one single scene (the output), which could be imported by DVC.

So I have had a look into the *.dvc binary file, but in the moment I have no idea how the scenes and steps are coded.

Is it possible to get some information about the *.dvc file format and how the scenes and the related steps with its values are coded?

Kleinolli24
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Our file formats are encrypted so unfortunately it will not be possible without us giving our algorithms to encrypt our files. If we didn't do this then people could program with our software and open with a very basic player with a cheap DMX interface.
Kleinolli24

Post by Kleinolli24 »

Hi SimonB,

it's a great pity, but that's just what I was thinking.

Maybe the matrix editor will be adapted some day to handle also "monochromic" matrix fixtures?

Greetings
Kleinolli24
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Maybe in a future version when we will develop the effects generation further. This feature is possible with our Sunlite Suite 2 software.