Feature request for DVC2/DVC3 and DVS

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Kleinolli24

Feature request for DVC2/DVC3 and DVS

Post by Kleinolli24 »

Hi SimonB,

for prologue please see the topic “Timeline finally possible” from Richard CSL.

In the moment, DVC-users have the possibility to start/stop, let me say, static snapshots of scenes via DVS.

Implementing only two “simple” new commands in DVS will result in the possibility of creating dynamic sequences and building up a non-graphical timeline easily, which seems to be requested more than one time.

Here is the idea:

As everybody knows, you can add DVC commands to a button in DVS. Similar to the target “Global” add a new target called “Control”, which should include two new “Actions”: “Wait XXmXXsXX” and “Loop”.

The Wait-statement, with the same time format as in DVC, should delay the execution of the next DVC command for the stated time, but should not influence the execution of DVC itself, like the global action “Pause” does.

The Loop-statement has nothing else to do as to ignore all DVC commands after it and jump back to first DVC command. Let me give you an example:

DVC commands for a DVS button:
START SCENE # 1
START SCENE # 2
WAIT 00m30s00 (Now wait for 30 seconds)
STOP SCENE #1
START SCENE #3
WAIT 00m15s24
STOP SCENE #2
STOP SCENE #3
LOOP (Jump back to first command)
START SCENE #4 (This and all following commands will be ignored)
….

I hope, the general idea is understandable (if not, let me know).

Because I suppose, that there is actually no time base implemented in DVS, the realization of this idea could be tricky.

Alternatively I have another idea:

In the DVC editor there is the possibility to start a scene via the “Jump” command. Is it possible to expand the “Jump” command in that way, that it will be able to start a group too, like the already implemented “start-group-method” in the Live-screen does?

Example:
The actual jump format is like that: “JUMP Group XX\Scene XX” starting the scene XX.
To realize a group start, the following format could be used: “JUMP Group XX\”.

This should be feasible.

SimonB, what do you think???

Many greetings

Kleinolli24
Kleinolli24

Any reactions?

Post by Kleinolli24 »

Huhu,

is anybody out there?

Kleinolli24
Kleinolli24

Reminder

Post by Kleinolli24 »

Hi SimonB,

any position? :?:

Greetings
Kleinolli24
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, I'm not sure that this is important for DVC. It is enough to be able to trigger a group from DVS and an effect button and also have Jump to commands. If you would like a timeline based cuelist check out the cycle editor in our sunlite software.