All fixtures sometimes "go crazy".

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Alex_termito

All fixtures sometimes "go crazy".

Post by Alex_termito »

Hello. I use DVC2 Gold (Windows XP SP3 32bit). Sometimes without any causes all fixtures connected to the controller "go crazy" (i.e. they quickly move and change colors and gobo). This happens couple times during the party. So I must restart the program. Help me please.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

firstly are you sure the problem is with the dvc and not the dmx line.

when this next happens check the general tab at the bottom of the screen see if any of the sliders go crazy, make sure you have the tools dissable moving slider option unchecked.

this will show you if it is the software.

next check the condition of the red green and yellow leds on the interface when the problem happens. this will tell us if it is the interface, if the red light goes out there is not enough power to run the interface. This might be a computer time out problem or lack of power on the usb.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Alex_termito

Post by Alex_termito »

Thanks for the reply. DMX line is good. Software works as it is in this moment. I'll check the LED's state next time and provide You with results. I hope it helps to find a problem.
Alex_termito

Post by Alex_termito »

Nothing happens at this moment with LEDs. They don't change it's state. During the last month such problems happen more frequently.
E-Line

Post by E-Line »

I have had the same problem like you. The Input of the first fixture in the dmx line was damaged. There was a cold joint of one dmx-pin and all fixtures after "go crazy" more or less frequently.
Try to change the cable or bypass the first fixture and tell us if it works :)