DVC 1 Gold

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

hemmpen

DVC 1 Gold

Post by hemmpen »

We are using daslight for a while now in lots of different professional settings. So we use DVC2 Gold and the Gold ZM and we also have a DVC2 512 ECO as "Hot Spare" But these facts have got nothing to do with my question ;-)

Last week we did a upgrade at one of our costumers regarding the lightshow this costumer also uses the daslight software but it is the first generation. So he has the DVC1 Gold interface (VDPDMXCS2)

All of our ne costumers and also our rental division are using DVC-2, is it possible to use the older interface from our costumer with the new software?

If that is not possible, is there a possibility to upgrade the controller?

Enthousiatic as i am about DVC-2 i removed DVC-1 from my costumers Laptop and now after reinstalling the DVC-1 software the interface is no longer detected by the laptop. (Vista 32)

As a temporarly solution i have installed DVC-2 with our own "Hot Spare"512ECO so he can run his shows but I have to come up with a permanent sollution ;-)

Thanks in advance for reading this novel.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

hi, the upgrade cost from a DVC1 gold to a DVC2 gold is 429€/$559. Your interface will also be compatible with DVC3 when it is released towards the end of the year.
hemmpen

Post by hemmpen »

@simonB

Thanks for the reply, but then we will install a 512 eco instead and trow the DVCGold 1 away.

The client does not need a gold one for his show and it's cheaper that way. But thanks again for the quick reply!