DVC2 Gold, 512 dmx out or 256 in stand alone mode

Previous Daslight interfaces that work with DVC1/DVC2 only : DVC 512, DVC512 GOLD, DVC 100 BASIC, DVS 3D, DVC2 ECO

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

suckerpunchnz

DVC2 Gold, 512 dmx out or 256 in stand alone mode

Post by suckerpunchnz »

Hey,

I just purchased a 2nd hand Daslight unit.
On purchase I was told it is an older version - DVC2 Gold. 512 dmx out or 256 in stand alone mode.

It has one XLR port, 2 buttons on the top and an I/O Port.
Could someone please tell me what model Daslight unit this is?
Or how I can find out?

Another question...
The Daslight CD it came with has DVC2 and DVC1 on it.
Neither of these work, as they are corrupt (alot of errors during install)

So I downloaded the ones from the net and found...
DVC1 works with the unit.
DVC2 doesn't.

I would really like to get DVC2 going.
Is anyone able to help me please?
Andre

Post by Andre »

OK,

We can rule out the DVC2 Gold and DVC2 512 interfaces because they both have 2 XLR sockets.

It's not a DVC2 ECO 512 as that does not have the HE10 port.

It could be the DVC2 128-M as that has one XLR and an HE10 port.

It is not the DVS 3D because that would have a 5 pin XLR and no HE10 port.

It is not a DVC 512 Gold as that has 2 XLR.

I am not sure about the other versions of the original interface.

When you start up DVC1 the splash screen should tell you what interface is connected.

If the above tells you it is a DVC2 interface then you will most probably need to update the drivers and the firmware.

If the above tells you it is a DVC interface then it will need upgrading.

Has it got a socket to plug a power adapter in ?

I
Andre
suckerpunchnz

Post by suckerpunchnz »

Thanks Andre,

The splash screen in DVC1 is saying DVC2 Gold.

Yes it does have a socket for a power adapter.

I've download the latest drivers, installed them.
Downloaded the firmware upgrade kits and tryed to run them all, but the start buttons are always greyed out.

:(
Andre

Post by Andre »

suckerpunchnz wrote:Thanks Andre,

The splash screen in DVC1 is saying DVC2 Gold.

Yes it does have a socket for a power adapter.

I've download the latest drivers, installed them.
Downloaded the firmware upgrade kits and tryed to run them all, but the start buttons are always greyed out.

:(

Hmmm, very strange. I have one of the first DVC2 Golds and that has 2 xlr sockets (in/out).
Alos I got something wrong the DVC1 Gold that I have has only 1 XLR socket, not 2 as stated.
Maybe yours is a DVC1 Gold that has been upgraded or a pre- 2 XLR version of DVC2 Gold ??????
When you download the firmware.zip and have unpacked it.
You should find 3 folders, try each of them as it might a suidi-5 interface or a suidi-6 interface.

Other than that you will have to see if you can get Daslight to help you.
Andre
suckerpunchnz

Post by suckerpunchnz »

Ok, Thanks.

Yeah I ran all 3 of the firmware upgrades. None worked.

What I find weird, is the Daslight CD which came with the unit, has both DVC2 and 1 on it. You would think it would work.

In regards to the drivers.
I'm going to start a clean install on another PC.

How should I go about installing the new drivers and stuff?
Download them first, run the exe?
Then install DVC2?
Andre

Post by Andre »

I think you have got a DVC1 Gold and not a DVC2 Gold as what you have described is exactly the same as mine and none of the firmware updates work for that and DVC2 starts in Demo Mode. DVC1 works OK and recognises it as a DVC1 Gold

The firmware that is in the DVC GOLD folder, I moved that to where DVC2 is installed and ran it, it tells me that I already have that firmware installed.

I also have the developer kit and none of the programs in there recognise the interface either, bu I am not suprised as they are for the suidi-5 and suidi-6 interfaces mine is recognized a just a suidi.

I plugged in my interface found in in device manager and removed the drivers then re-plugged it in and allowed windows to find it and then I pointed it to the various drivers I have and the only one it would recognise is the suidi ones, i.e. DVC1 ones not DVC2 ones.

I can understand what you are saying about the CD, the CD was released along time before the DVC2 interfaces where available and you could alos get them from various trade shows like PLASA etc. or from shops that sold the interfaces. I can remember when the DVC2 software first came out and there was a lot moaning from users of the DVC1 ghardware that the new software would not work with their older interfaces without an upgrade, me included. In the end I thought it would be better to get a DVC2 interface rather than upgrading my DVC1 interface because I would have something to fall back on if DVC2 failed.
I must admit that once the DVC2 software became stable enough I have not used the DVC1 software and interface since.

As for installing the drivers, yeah download them and install on box and then plug in interface so system recognises it, check in device manager as to what drivers are installed as that will give you a better indication of what interface it is. Then install the software.
Andre
suckerpunchnz

Post by suckerpunchnz »

Thanks Andre,

You've been a great help.
Sounds like I am in the same situation as you were, and will give up on trying to get DVC2 going.
lamborghini

Post by lamborghini »

Hmmm, very strange. I have one of the first DVC2 Golds and that has 2 xlr sockets (in/out).

You've been a great help.
Smile PlzZZzzz…(Usman Malik)…!!!