DVC2 128M with Stairville Laser

128 out. Stand Alone memory (60 out). Limited software features

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

doodle

DVC2 128M with Stairville Laser

Post by doodle »

Hello, Wondering if one of you talented individuals can assist please.

I've a DVC2 128M Suidi6A with up to date firmware connected to a fairly small universe via a Win7 PC with the latest 1.6.0.0 driver.

DMX has been working correctly with all other fixtures and is terminated with 120ohms.

I added a DJ Lase 150-RGY MkII laser which doesn't work correctly. As soon as DMX is selected on the fixture (any channel) and the interface is connected, it starts stepping through automatic sequences.

Checked & changed the DMX cables and connected the device directly to the controller with the terminator but as soon as the device is connected it goes into the auto mode. Will happen with and without VC2 app running.

I suspected the laser and returned it to the supplier who agreed it may be faulty and gave me a brand new one which does exactly the same thing.

Now I'm suspecting the interface and don't have a manual controller to try. Have also tried a laptop in case the USB was an issue.

Running out of ideas. Can anyone suggest anything ?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have 4 lasers on DVC2. 2 of them are Dune RGY lasers and when dmx all channels are at zero. I get the beams turned on in a static line. which is really crazy, but hey thats how they are made. I have to turn channel 1 on full to turn off the lazer.

The other issue you might have is that dip switch 10 is sometimes used to turn the lights into DMX mode, instead of stand alone.

not sure if this is the case with yours , but certainly worth a try.

let us know how you get on.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

sorry just seen this unit has a digital display. it sounds like the unit is running in stand alone mode. you need to check to see if dmx mode is activated. This will be a menu function.

try checking the manual for sound activation or dmx.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
doodle

Post by doodle »

Thanks Richard but it is definately running in DMX mode. Tried a couple of DMX channels and with it being the only device on the network it wouldn't be a clash.

Also tried firing up DVC2 and changing all channel values.
doodle

Post by doodle »

Thanks Richard but it is definately running in DMX mode. Tried a couple of DMX channels and with it being the only device on the network it wouldn't be a clash.

Also tried firing up DVC2 and changing all channel values.
doodle

Post by doodle »

Sorry guys. Device was running in DMX but DMX had to be selected on channel 1 as well. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

An amateur.