adapt showfile

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

adapt showfile

Post by DJMan32 »

can someone explain or provide some context on on how to adapt different stages plots and fixtures to an already existing show file rather then reinventing the the wheel every show and redoing each and every scene.
lindacox

Re: adapt showfile

Post by lindacox »

DJMan32 wrote:can someone explain or provide some context on on pizza towerhow to adapt different stages plots and fixtures to an already existing show file rather then reinventing the the wheel every show and redoing each and every scene.

Hi,
To adapt different stages, plots, and fixtures to an already existing show file, you can follow these steps:

1. First, back up the existing show file to avoid losing any important data.

2. Next, import the new stage design into the software and patch the fixtures accordingly.

3. Copy and paste the scenes from the old show file to the new one.

4. Adjust the timing and intensity of the scenes as needed to fit the new stage design.

5. Perform a thorough check of the new show file to ensure that everything is working properly.

By following these steps, you can save time and avoid reinventing the wheel for each show. This allows you to focus on creating unique and engaging lighting designs for each new production without having to start from scratch every time.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

here is my issue. I want a master show file that I start fresh from which has for instance my colors for each fixture group mapped , all of my looks created, dimmer chases, and so on which I make every show. When i update or change a fixture for instance I swap the robe ponites out for vipers, Right now I would have to go to every scene, update what color red is, color blue, what value for what effect and so on. Why do i need to do that when the software already knows what color is what value on every fixture and so on. I can understand the need to re set every mover position and re grab all the new fixtures from the dimmer chases by hitting the fx button, but why does daslight not allow scenes to effect a whole group if you one of the groups. that way if you patch new fixtures in for say your washes or downstage spots, it automatically sets each scene and the only thing you need to do is adjust movement positions for the IRL stage. With Grand MA I can do this with a macro, I fell like since we already Have groups set up so it really should be a feature.

I like your idea with copying the scenes from one show to another, really helps save time without re typing every scene. but I still have to go to every scene and configure every new fixture redundantly.
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Would be greate if you can create scenes for groups and if you add or replace a fixture the scenes will get adjusted automaticly.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

Definitely agree
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Imagine the possibilitys and how quick a show can be programmed.
DL5 could also provide a generic show file with some groups as
Backtruss
Fronttruss,..
with preset scenes as
Colors (Blue, Red,...)
Movements and so on.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

maybe even programmable macros for exactly like you said, create a scene for each color/gobo for that fixture group
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Yes, would be awesome...
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

wanted to bump this