Speed at scenes in touch mode and other problems

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

[email protected]
Operating System: Windows

Speed at scenes in touch mode and other problems

Post by [email protected] »

Hi,

dasLight 5 I downloaded and bought the DVC FUN for dasLight 5.

That I have to buy a license for the device again to unlock the functions is already a cheek. The USB interface did not otherwise connect to my devices. Only after activation of the purchased license anything worked. But that should not be my topic.

Among other things, I use a device Stairville xBrick Quad 16x8W RGBW.
It can be configured wonderfully and it is included in the DasLight 5 database.

Now I have created scenes, with Steps. For example RED - YELLOW - GREEN as a running light. Each step has a waiting time of 1 second.

With DasLight 4, I was able to create a fader control in show mode that adjusts the speed of the steps.

In DasLight 5, I can't find any way to adjust the speed.

1. how can I adjust my saved scenes in touch mode in at speed?

2. how can I create a fader that adjusts the speed?

I have tried using Tap Tempo to adjust the speed of the scenes without success. The saved speed of the scene always stays the same.

DasLight 5 documentation is a joke. Since almost nothing explained. Not even the basic functions are explained.

3. what for example is Beat GO?

I paid money and got bad software, this is frustrating.

Greetings from a disgruntled user....

Rico
UNITevents

Re: Speed at scenes in touch mode and other problems

Post by UNITevents »

You can change the driving mode to BPM and then by set the bpm the speed changes to the BPM
You can also change the driving mode to off and assign a fader from the touch view to the speed.
I would recommend to watch some videos on youtube about DL5
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hi,

thanks for the answer.
Thanks for the tip.

I found out.

For all those who are also looking for it:
1. create a fader in showmode
2. activate Mapping Mode
3. select scene and click the speed knob in the scene setting and map to the fader.
4. in the mapping settings for this scene change from scene to bank, so all scenes in the group (bank) are assigned to the fader. this saves time.

cheers
Rico
UNITevents

Post by UNITevents »

Nice tip. Thx
Did not know that

[email protected] wrote:Hi,

thanks for the answer.
Thanks for the tip.

I found out.

2. activate Mapping Mode
3. select scene and click the speed knob in the scene setting and map to the fader.
4. in the mapping settings for this scene change from scene to bank, so all scenes in the group (bank) are assigned to the fader. this saves time.

cheers
Rico
suzume23
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by suzume23 »

Beat GO automatically syncs lighting effects with the beat of the music being played. It involves manual tapping of the tempo or analysis of an audio input signal.
Buckshot Roulette
andreaa23

Post by andreaa23 »

[email protected] wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:48 am Hi,

thanks for the answer.
Thanks for the tip.

I found out.

2. activate Mapping Mode
3. select scene and click the speed knob in the scene setting and map to the fader bitlife

cheers
Rico
Great answer, many thanks
willm

Post by willm »

Hello!

Thanks for the post, I will address each point you have made individually so as to be as clear as possible.
[email protected] wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:16 am 1. how can I adjust my saved scenes in touch mode in at speed?
I am aware you have already found out about the Speed dial that is present for each scene, which is indeed useful for this function. I will also note that you can even edit the mapping further depending on your requirements. For example, changing the Target will have the following impact:

'Scene': Targets the Speed dial of the exact scene the mapping is assigned to (see Target column in the mapping list).
'Selected' : Targets the Speed dial of whatever scene is currently selected (i.e. select scene 1, adjust fader to change speed of scene 1. select scene 2, adjust same fader to change speed of scene 2). This means you can control the speed of any scene using just 1 mapping.
'Index': Targets the Speed dial of whatever scene is in the 'indexed' location. This means that when you adjust the order of the scenes- the mapping will stay relevant to the specific scene location (i.e. if you map the fader to Bank 1, scene 1- then you switch the order of scenes 1 and 2 within Bank 1- the mapping will stay relevant to scene 1, and wont move with the change in order.
'Bank': Targets all scenes within a specific Bank.
'Index within specific bank': Similar to 'Index', except changing the order of your Banks will not affect the mapping- only changing the scenes indexed location will affect this.
2. how can I create a fader that adjusts the speed?
I see this has been covered within the Touch view by creating a fader.
I have tried using Tap Tempo to adjust the speed of the scenes without success. The saved speed of the scene always stays the same.
The BPM driving mode will need to be set for a scene in order for it to react to the BPM, otherwise you can set the Duration setting to adjust the speed of a scene.
DasLight 5 documentation is a joke. Since almost nothing explained. Not even the basic functions are explained.
I would be interested to know if you have checked through the Daslight 5 user manual, since all functions should be covered in great detail there. If not- the links can be found at daslight.com/download. If you have checked it out already but are finding the information insufficient, it would be great to know in what specific areas we can improve!
3. what for example is Beat GO?
BeatGO is another type of driving mode, similar to BPM. When you select the BeatGO, the scene will be divided into beat divisions. You can set the number of divisions in the text box. When you press the GO button at the top of the screen, the scene will jump to the next division. This allows you to have the scenes react in real time to a physical button press. Particularly this is useful if you have a scene with the Pause button enabled (in the Properties tab) then you set the BeatGO driving mode. Now when you trigger the scene, it will be static and will only jump to the next division when the GO button is pressed.

Hopefully this is all helpful and if you have any further questions please do let us know! :)

Kind regards,
Will