Master fader and blackout

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

david_dye
Operating System: Windows

Master fader and blackout

Post by david_dye »

On Daslight 4 I had a master fader, blackout and other options on a right hand side window.

On Daslight 5 I cannot find it!!

Please we need more video tutorials on the 5. It is quite different from the 4.

Thanks in advance.
DJMan32

Re: Master fader and blackout

Post by DJMan32 »

in the top right of the bottom section, go to the mixers tab, then you can use the master dimmer for each group or far left you have the all master fader
david_dye

Post by david_dye »

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Yes I had found this tab, but...

1.) on D4 it was conveniently set on the right hand side and easly accessible throughout

2.) the blackout works only if I click and keep the button pressed. On D4 it needed another click to disengage blackout. Any workaround pls?

Thanks a lot once more.
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

use the touch page to make all of your sliders and scenes where you want them, right click the blackout button and press flash instead of toggle
Vaslevar

Post by Vaslevar »

Hello. Do you know how to exclude a scene or a fixture from the master blackout?
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

i do not believe you can exclude a scene from master blackout, hence master blackout. however if you grab the dimmer of all of your selected fixtured, as long as the scene priority on the scene you want to ignore the change is higher then your live edit priority then you you should be able to get your desired effect.
cheddarten
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by cheddarten »

Vaslevar wrote:Hello. Do you know how to exclude a scene or a fixture from the master blackout? geometry dash world

Grab the dimmers of all the fixtures you've chosen. You should be able to get the effect you want as long as the scene priority on the scene you don't want to change is higher than the live edit priority.
shallotscider

Post by shallotscider »

Use the touch page to adjust gorilla tag all sliders and scenes, then right-click the blackout button and select flash rather than toggle.
Raphael_Nicolaudie

Post by Raphael_Nicolaudie »

Hi all,

No it's not possible exclude a scene or fixture from master blackout.

You can also create a new group with all yours fixtures except the one(s) you don't want the blackout to be applied to. Then on that mixer group, the blackout will be applied to the selected fixtures.

the blackout works only if I click and keep the button pressed. On D4 it needed another click to disengage blackout. Any workaround pls?

You can press Control + clic to leave a mixer feature on (Blackout, Strobe, Flash).
Regards
Daslight Support
DJMan32

Post by DJMan32 »

farangsa wrote:
DJMan32 wrote:i do not believe you can exclude a scene from master blackout,Dinosaur Game hence master blackout. however if you grab the dimmer of all of your selected fixtured, as long as the scene priority on the scene you want to ignore the change is higher then your live edit priority then you you should be able to get your desired effect.

To address this concern, meticulous attention to fixture addressing and patching becomes crucial. Lighting professionals must carefully assign unique DMX addresses to each fixture in order to establish clear communication between the lighting console and the fixtures. This involves a thorough understanding of the DMX protocol and a systematic approach to programming and patching

...... is this a turing test?
bekean

Post by bekean »

Raphael_Nicolaudie wrote:Hi all,

No it's not possible exclude a scene or fixture from master blackout.
wordle
You can also create a new group with all yours fixtures except the one(s) you don't want the blackout to be applied to. Then on that mixer group, the blackout will be applied to the selected fixtures.

the blackout works only if I click and keep the button pressed. On D4 it needed another click to disengage blackout. Any workaround pls?

You can press Control + clic to leave a mixer feature on (Blackout, Strobe, Flash).
Regards

Using the Control + click combination to leave a mixer feature on (such as Blackout, Strobe, or Flash) is a handy tip. Many thanks!
StevenPaw

Post by StevenPaw »

david_dye wrote:2.) the blackout works only if I click and keep the button pressed. On D4 it needed another click to disengage blackout. Any workaround pls?

You can right click the blackout button in the mixer Tab directly to change it into a toggle button. No need for using the touch or midi control.

For my side I mostly just use the touch control feature and have a tablet next to my computer with all the buttons that I need all the time like black out or master dimmer. Works most of the time (if the touch control stays active...)
LD and VJ from Hamburg, Germany
Bringing light and media to everyone
lamki2

Post by lamki2 »

The instructional videos on Youtube are very good uno online, you can go there and watch them again.
physicallylover

Post by physicallylover »

StevenPaw wrote:
david_dye wrote:2.) the blackout works only if I click and keep the button pressed. On D4 it needed another click to disengage blackout. Any workaround pls?

You can right click the blackout button in the mixer Tab directly to change it into a toggle button. No need for using the touch or midi control. burrito craft

For my side I mostly just use the touch control feature and have a tablet next to my computer with all the buttons that I need all the time like black out or master dimmer. Works most of the time (if the touch control stays active...)

You made my day! It works for me.
This saves me a lot of programming time!