Movement / Fade Speed for Position Scenes

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Spotlab
Operating System: Windows

Movement / Fade Speed for Position Scenes

Post by Spotlab »

Hello,

I tried searching for this and didn't find anything related. I am trying to control the speed of movement between position scenes. For example I create 2 basic scenes with 2 positions for moving heads and the fade time / speed of those scenes doesn't seem to have any impact on the speed of movement. I was excited when I saw the fade speed added in this latest release but I am somewhat unclear as to how it functions. Is a value of 1 equal to the times set in fade in/out time and increasing it multiplies those values?

I feel like this is close to a very useful feature but could use some direction on how it works and on the movement speed generally.

Thanks!
Spotlab
Operating System: Windows

Re: Movement / Fade Speed for Position Scenes

Post by Spotlab »

Alright so I think I have made a little progress here but I still have some questions.

It seems that a fade speed of less than 1 will slow the movement speed of fixtures, albeit somewhat choppy and difficult to manage because it's such a small portion of the slider since it goes all the way to 10 (is this necessary)?

If I then keyboard map the fade speed slider (bank -> button -> value) and set it to say 5%, once you click a new scene the fade speeds for the bank are all reset to a very small number (e.g. .27) and you have to press the key again to get it back to where you want it.

The use case I am trying to figure out is having a key or midi button (or knob) to control the fade speed and therefore movement speed of position changes. But I think there may be a bug with the mapping of this control and also some usability issues with the slider itself as I described above.