ArtNet for Capture Visualisation without interface

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Azwahlen
Operating System: Windows

ArtNet for Capture Visualisation without interface

Post by Azwahlen »

Hi,

So I'm trying to work with a 3rd party visualization software running on the same OS. It's Capture in my case. But I don't have a Daslight interface yet.

I was wondering, is it possible for Daslight 5 (latest version b.07) to output any ArtNet signal without hardware or Artnet upgrade ? Is an Artnet upgrade the only way to allow for an Artnet output within a same operating system ?

I can see my Capture visualization as an ArtNet device in Daslight but cannot output any signal from there... IP's matched on both sides.

would very much appreciate an input here ;)

Azwahlen
cperian
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: ArtNet for Capture Visualisation without interface

Post by cperian »

From my experience: It's not possible to use ArtNet devices without an ArtNet license. And you cannot have an ArtNet license without a physical USB interface (which then merely serves as a license dongle).

Be aware that Daslight does not give any visual feedback when you don't have these licenses activated, the enabled ArtNet devices just don't work.
Azwahlen

Post by Azwahlen »

Thanks for sharing your experience and confirming my thoughts ! ;)
Witurs1939

Post by Witurs1939 »

Azwahlen wrote:Hi,Vampire Survivors

So I'm trying to work with a 3rd party visualization software running on the same OS. It's Capture in my case. But I don't have a Daslight interface yet.

I was wondering, is it possible for Daslight 5 (latest version b.07) to output any ArtNet signal without hardware or Artnet upgrade ? Is an Artnet upgrade the only way to allow for an Artnet output within a same operating system ?

I can see my Capture visualization as an ArtNet device in Daslight but cannot output any signal from there... IP's matched on both sides.

would very much appreciate an input here ;)

Azwahlen

If you can see your Capture visualization as an ArtNet device in Daslight but cannot output any signal, it's likely that you need to configure your settings properly. Make sure that the IP address and subnet mask are correct on both the Daslight and Capture software. You may also need to configure the universes and channels in the software to match those in Capture. Additionally, make sure that you have assigned the fixtures to the appropriate channels and universes in the Daslight software.
Azwahlen

Post by Azwahlen »

Thanks for your reply !

So patch, universe, IP and Netmask are matched on both sides. Broadcast mode doesn't solve the problem.

I have sign of activity on Daslight but not on Capture.

I might be a licensing issue... unless you managed to make that work on your side w/o license?
tracyberge

Post by tracyberge »

Azwahlen wrote:Hi,

would very much appreciate an input here ;) Donkey Kong

Azwahlen

Amount of DMX universes otherwise output by your connected MA Lighting hardware (through DMX ports or other network protocols like Art-Net) can be utilized in Capture. Therefore you cannot receive DMX from grandMA2 onPC unless you have MA hardware connected. Some competing lighting design and visualization softwares on the market support receiving DMX as well as DMX feedback ("autofocus") over MA-Net without the need for MA Lighting hardware. This is possible for historical reasons as they were provided with other drivers than us prior to an MA Lighting policy change. For further information and/or clarifications on this matter, please contact MA Lighting.