Lighting effect

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

Lighting effect

Post by DJMan32 »

Im looking to make a specific effect where say i have all fixture dimmers set to Full ON with a scene.

Is there a way to bind a scene that would give the spiral effect or any dimmer chaser to a fader and have that effect gradually play with the blacks more intense the stronger the fader. You can simulate this by dragging the minimum brightness in the effect from 100% to 0% however I can not bind that to a fader or do this live. I thought the "Size" dial would replicate this effect but instead effectively only works with movement effects so that would be a perfect use for the size dial, but this is not the case yet.

Actually if the size fader could just effect the intensity of the effect like it does with the movement then this would work out perfectly. If you had a scene with the movement and dimmer effects the size would still work perfectly hand and hand.

Food for thought, how about the ability for chasers, generated effects, and such to only update the fader if the effect has an intensity assigned to it. Maybe an absolute mode? or not the word im looking for. For example in the mapping and chaser effects. Maybe allow the option to select not updated for like the color black, that way it will only update the faders with the color white in it and after its complete back to fader at the LTP state. This would also be nice in the mapping effects that you can have a single color spiral like blue as a mapping effect with a black background but if you have another scene playing with say solid red, the spiral scene will only add a red spiral that might blend with the blue or a setting that can take the updated color to the actual black color in the effect until it gets to zero then back the the LTP Blue scene.
Just Food for thought.