UV-Light and ADJ ub12h

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ballermöhe
Operating System: Mac OS X

UV-Light and ADJ ub12h

Post by Ballermöhe »

I am working with the ub12h from ADJ and have multiple problems with all four of the modes.
The most important one for me is, that I can't turn on the UV-light when the Bars are set to the 36-Channel mode. In all other modes this is possible but in the 36-Channel-mode.
When I turn up a fader for UV-light for one of the sections D5 used to just turn up the white fader for this section too but there was no UV-output only white. Now when I do the same the white fader stays down, but the Bar still only showes white light, no UV light.

In the 10 and 12 Channel mode there are multiple macros but some seem to not work, because they only show one color (macro one for example only fades from black to red and stays red afterwards. The fader programspeed doesn't seem to have any effect). Also when I turn on sound to light the LED-bar just stays off.

I have tried it on a mac and on a windows PC and on two separate LED-Bars. I don't know if the second problem is with D5 or with the Bars but they are brand new. Can someone please help me or can this be fixed?
thank you very much.
DJMan32
Operating System: Windows

Re: UV-Light and ADJ ub12h

Post by DJMan32 »

This seems like a fixture profile issue and will need to be edited
Ballermöhe

Post by Ballermöhe »

The Bars itself work. I tried them out with another DMX console and they worked fine.
But I also looked at the ssl2 files and both the ub 12h and the ub h12 (with both work for those Bars) looked how they supposed to.
MatrixLights

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

is all the information from the manual correct (if you try channel by channel manually and it does what the manual says)?
I've seen some manuals from ADJ which are incorrect for the fixture itself so the profiles are also wrong. Is the manual is completely correct, I can take a look at the SSL file and maybe create a new one that works.

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2
Ballermöhe

Post by Ballermöhe »

The fixture does what it should when I plug in another DMX-controller without software. With that I can control every channel as it should be, but when I take the Daslight controller and try to use the single channel fader every light works, but the UV light.
So the fixture shouldn't be the problem.
MatrixLights

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

so even if you try with single channel fader the UV fader still not works? If it's only in the supposed SSL I could fix it but if you have tried generic > single channel I can't really help with the software. I have tried but it seems that the output of the controller with the 36ch SSL is correct.

What you can do:
1. Hardware Test
Open the HardwareManager and go to "DMX In/Out > Launch DMX Selftest" for the DMX Port you connected the UV lights (you have to disconnect all DMX ports for that).
If it tells you everything is ok you can plug them back in. Then under the same universe go to DMX Out and test the matching channels manually.

2. Daslight DMX Levels
Open your project in DL with the SSL and 36ch mode and turn on the faders for the UV at 255/100%. Then go to Tools > DMX Levels. There you can choose your universe the UV lights are connected to and you see the DMX Out levels. Now the channels for the UV should be at 255.

If nothing works or if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Matrix

Ballermöhe

Post by Ballermöhe »

Hi,
So i've tried the DMX-Output of Daslight. First of all I upgraded from B6 or 7 to B9 and now the Faders white, Amber and UV all have a white Icon instead of the wright color like it was before. Secondly they put out exactly that color; white. All of the three faders just trigger the DMX-Output for white. RGB works fine, but neither Amber nor UV work.
The fixture is patched to channel 65.

I've looked in the ssl2 File and there thy look fine (see attached screenshot).
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 11.01.52.png
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 11.01.52.png (195.5 KiB) Viewed 5896 times
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 10.58.28.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 10.58.28.jpg (103.71 KiB) Viewed 5896 times
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 10.55.33.png
Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 10.55.33.png (27.67 KiB) Viewed 5896 times
Ballermöhe

Post by Ballermöhe »

Another bug is that with the led sls-7 hcl floor.
the DMX-Output works fine but the fixture is only displayed red in D5. No matter if I turn on the red or all other colors except green or blue.
MatrixLights

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

version b09 is one of the buggiest versions of this beta. It often messes up the SSL Patches, MIDI Mappings and so on. I would wait for a new version before using the b09. I still use b08 because it works almost good.
I also wouldn't use the ScanLibrary editor, the web-based editor has the same features and works as well.

Regards,
Matrix

Ballermöhe

Post by Ballermöhe »

Hi,

I've tried B7, B8 and B9 and with all versions there is the same bug.
juls

Post by juls »

Hello,
I have no problem with this profile:

UB 12H.zip
(43.69 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Ballermöhe

Post by Ballermöhe »

Thank you very much. I don't know why but mine is corrupted even after multiple reinstall.
Yours works as it should.
Theirefte

Post by Theirefte »

For the sound-to-light issue, it is possible that the sensitivity of the microphone is not set correctly or the microphone is not picking up the sound. You may want to adjust the sensitivity of the microphone or test it with a different sound source to see if it is working properly.
basket random
annata20

Post by annata20 »

Theirefte wrote:For the sound-to-light issue, it is possible that the sensitivity of the microphone is not set correctly or the microphone is not picking up the sound. You may want to adjust the sensitivity of the microphone or test it with a different sound source to see if it is working properly.
connections

I will try testing this way, thank you for the suggestion
sarahlison

Post by sarahlison »

It seems like it's very confusing due to working with too many operations and combinations. Therefore, it is impossible to know the exact cause.
The first thing is to try to stay calm to handle it.
Need to check the hardware carefully bob the robber
Necessary can use Daslight DMX Level. It is necessary to follow the instructions and comply with technical requirements.