Mac performance better in Daslight 5 compared to Daslight 4?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jeppeschaumburg
Operating System: Mac OS X

Mac performance better in Daslight 5 compared to Daslight 4?

Post by jeppeschaumburg »

I have performance issues when running Daslight 4 on my MacBook Pro. I have seen several people having the same issue. One is describing it here: viewtopic.php?t=5352.

I was wondering if these performance issues are gone in Daslight 5 or still persists? I briefly tried to download and install the beta version of Daslight 5, but my macOS doesn't support it. I could update to a newer version of macOS to test this, but it might require me to update other software as well. So before I continue to do so, I just want to know about other people's experience with potential performance issues on a Mac.

Thanks!
- Jeppe
MatrixLights
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: Mac performance better in Daslight 5 compared to Daslight 4?

Post by MatrixLights »

Hey,

first you should make sure, your device supports DL5. I don‘t know exactly what devices support this, but you could try to update the firmware over the hardware manager or in the worst case send it back to Nicolaudie to upgrade your hardware.

Now for the software:
You should note that DL5 is still in the Beta Version and there are still a lot of bugs. It works well for the performance aspect, I don‘t have any trouble with that.
BUT as it is still a Beta, some bugs may cause DL5 to crash (e.g. MIDI mapping for some faders) or mess up your live-show. So I‘d highly recommend only updating when you don’t have an important role for an event and you need a stable setup.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Regards,
Matrix
Answers in English or German

Mac / DL 5.0.2.1 / DVC Gold / AKAI APC Mini mk2